Not a matter of if... only when...

Kdubb223

Well crashed the bike this morning on the way to school... took my eyes off of the car in front of me for a second, then next thing I see are brake lights and turn signal... grabbed the break and tried to make the turn with the guy but instead I scrapped down the passenger side of his vehicle and then dumped the bike on the left side which immediately snapped my frame slider and bounced the bike back onto the right side where it proceeded to slide on the frame slider for about 50 feet, with me sliding on/behind the bike...

Would have been nice to swerve around the guy but there was construction and traffic merged down to one lane. I assumed the guy was going straight and was going to fast so I had to try and brake :/

Ended up dislocating my left big toe (hurt like a mutha when the doc popped it back in place) and minor road rash on my knees. Didnt hit my head and gloves and jacket remained untouched.

As for the bike... the right side zx6r mirror snapped off, brake lever got bent, bar end got chewed up, minor scratches on both plastics and air scoops, right side foot peg snapped off and rear brake lever got all bent up.

So overall my pride and wallet took a beating today. Glad I'm not dead. Be safe out there fellas!

Oh and I still want my exhaust Marthy :thumbup:

CrazyCawi

very glad your okay bro
when u get a chance pics of the bike?
I believe I still have my stock levers if u want em just pay shipping if I got em...I have the stock handlebar too idk if that got bent or anything

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

MustGoFaster

Been there, done that brother. I had nearly the same thing happen when I was on my 85 Shadow. Had my girl at the time on the back. Bike needed minor repairs, we got kinda messed up. There's a small part on my knee where the nerves never came back. Glad to hear yer well enough to be posting, as opposed to a less savory alternative. XD Don't let it kill yer joy, just remember that things happen, and any wreck you can walk away from..... (Or hobble, in both yours and my case LoL.) :zombie:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Kdubb223

Ill try to take some pics later CC, I stripped the bike down to check everything as best as I could. I'm good on the brake lever. I put the stock one back on along with the stock bar end. Gonna need new frame sliders, right side foot peg and rear brake foot lever. Besides that the scratches are not all that bad. The OES NoCuts did their job.

Ill be back riding here shortly... After I get rid of this slight limp :zombie:

RooKie

Glad to hear you're ok. Hopefuly you and your bike will be all better and back on the road soon!:thumbup:

Kdubb223

Updated with some pics

Attachments

Kdubb223

few more :thumbup:

Attachments

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

DavidB455

That frame slider did its job pretty well. Take your panel to the painters and get it resprayed, damn site cheeper than a new panel.

New intake: $21
New Panel: $574.49 before graphics and painting!
Axel: $28.49

David

onegin

Glad you are okay man. Were you wearing any boots if so what kind? I was literally on the brink of ordering some boots today before I start my riding season, and your toe just scarred the heck out of me!

Kdubb223

Yeah I was wearing shift racing fuel shoes. Not quite boots but not sure boots would have prevented my injury. I basically kicked the pavement with my big toe at around 30-40mph. But yeah the toe on those shoes are pretty solid and they held up well.

BoneJj

Glad you escaped with minimal damage. :thumbup:

You get to fight evil another day. :thumbup:
my thought exactly, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

dislocated toe??? sounds like it's time for some riding shoes... lol.

I've broken toes and some how a dislocated toe just sounds a lot worse!!!

BoneJj

damn, some of those scratches on the bock plastic could be sanded down and they would look fine, the rest is a paint issue for the others, not too bad really though.

overall, pretty good.

put that brake lever in a vise and bend it back and it should be fine. We did that to my friends yamaha stryker when he dropped his bike coming out of his driveway... lmao, We still tease him about that one...

not nearly as expensive as it could have been.

6R Blackout

Sorry to hear of your accident, as said before knee is not so bad and bike is minimal and very fixable, but your foot looks pretty bad, take care of yourself and I hope you will be back on the road soon. GET
WELL SOON!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!