Noob footpeg question

darkspork

I think I've decided on a FZ6R as my next bike. I like it, but when sitting on it at the dealer I noticed the front pegs get in the way when I put my legs down. Anybody run into this? Do you get used to it? I'm coming from a Honda Rebel. Is it hard to average 45+ mpg?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

tanoz

You actually get use to the foot pegs. At first it really annoyed me but then I adjusted to it. Riding my friends ninja600 I never had the problem but now neither of them are a problem for me.

Also this topic always comes up, but I average only 38mpg. Having said that, by driving standards I live in the city and rarely go out of it to go anywhere.

darkspork

I do mostly freeway and country road riding. Sorry to bring up fuel economy, I'm sure it's been heavily discussed.

Billsbet0

Mostly freeway driving and I'm averaging 54 mpg. If I'm doing more city driving it drops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

latony007

you better be prepared for some changes, the rebel is about the slowest motorcycle out there and the FZ6R is definitely not, you need to be careful. Coming from a cruiser you will definitely feel a difference in the pegs but as scott mentioned its normal for sport bikes and really only an issue backing up. You will find this waaay more fun to ride but dont get carried away with the throttle.

darkspork

You will find this waaay more fun to ride but dont get carried away with the throttle.
I plan on pussyfooting around quite a bit. I only have 3000 miles experience and have never driven anything as fast as the FZ6R. I have a GTI and mostly drive like a granny.

latony007

I plan on pussyfooting around quite a bit. I only have 3000 miles experience and have never driven anything as fast as the FZ6R. I have a GTI and mostly drive like a granny.
good for you, get good gear too. I started on a suzuki S40 cruiser a little bigger than the rebel and 650 cc. I got the FZ6R after that because my riding buddies all have sport bikes and no regrets. There are faster bikes for sure but this one is plenty fast enough and handles awesome. I dont commute on it so i never really cared what mileage it got but its not 45.

darkspork

good for you, get good gear too. I started on a suzuki S40 cruiser a little bigger than the rebel and 650 cc. I got the FZ6R after that because my riding buddies all have sport bikes and no regrets. There are faster bikes for sure but this one is plenty fast enough and handles awesome. I dont commute on it so i never really cared what mileage it got but its not 45.
Yup, I'm budgeting at least $1000 for new gear. I want a new helmet, gloves, boots and possibly a one-piece oversuit. The reason I look at gas mileage is I do 270 mile (each way) trips somewhat regularly. It was brutal on the Rebel and I'd run on fumes between 100 mile fillups at times.

latony007

Yup, I'm budgeting at least $1000 for new gear. I want a new helmet, gloves, boots and possibly a one-piece oversuit. The reason I look at gas mileage is I do 270 mile (each way) trips somewhat regularly. It was brutal on the Rebel and I'd run on fumes between 100 mile fillups at times.
my Suzuki had a tiny tank too, could get only about 100 miles. I don't usually run the fz6r down but I think it will get 120-130 out of a tank before the odo starts counting up but the other guys here would know better. Id recommend a built in Bluetooth helmet I love mine. I have a super heavy armored leather I got from leatherup as my main and a mesh armored one from jafrum for summer. I have a great pair of boots too I think its tourmaster or something and I have not gotten around to pants yet but am looking at some of the Kevlar jeans.