No-Cut Frame Slider Recommendation

bjpinub

I have looked and looked for comparisons between the various no-cut frame slider manufacturers. I have seen Intuitive, Shogun, and T-Rex mentioned, but no real comparisons between them. I just purchased my first bike (new 2009 blue FZ6R), but I want to install frame sliders before I start to ride it on the road. If users could recommend a brand with reasoning behind their recommendation, I would be ever grateful.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that all of the no-cut sliders will serve their purpose equally well. Therefore, the factor to consider is cost, and I believe the T-rex sliders are the least expensive.

I personally have the Intuitive no-cut sliders, which are the most expensive I believe :(. But they were the only ones available when I got my FZ6R back in Feb.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FitZ6R

+2

I have the T-Rex sliders, and in the absence of crash-test comparison data, I see no reason to spend more.

NYGirl

I have the T-Rex sliders and have tested them out :-(
They work GREAT! not a scratch on my plastic.

I wonder if the difference in price may get you a harder plastic compound though. The T-Rex slider got gouged up from the bike falling on it. I don't know enough to know if they "all" do that, or if the more expensive ones are intended to hold up under much worse duress (like a high speed slide at the track). My bike fell over at an intersection, when I inadvertently tried to start out in 2nd gear (noob mistake).

Don't get me wrong, it's not that the slider it fell on needs to be replaced at all - it just got scratched up. Better that than my plastics!

JonKerr

Elite Member

cavcuz05

i went with yamaha's and love them...not bad for free

gearhead

I went with T-rex because (IMO) there is no difference between frame sliders except price.

JonKerr

Elite Member

SilentT

T Rex

I went with the TRex but the left side required some material removal from the back side. Even with a few spacer washers it touched the engine case.

gearhead

I had no probs at all. Wonder why you did? Any pics? Maybe we can see what happened. I find it difficult to reason as to why there would be a variance within the production line. It can happen, but is rare.

cavcuz05

Free??? Were they included in the purchase of the bike or something? Because they're over $100 I believe to buy them.
when you have connections in high places you get things for promoting a buisness who is trying to get customers

SilentT

Trex

I'll try to take a picture tonight. I had to remove over 3mm of material on the edge that comes near the engine cover and that was even after i shimmed with two washers. Been thinking of contacting TREX but have not done so.

Roaddawg

For those of you who bought the T-rex sliders, could you post a link where you bought them if you got a good deal?

gearhead

I contacted them directly since I did not see the FZ6R listed on their webpage. They have very fast shipping and great customer service. I got the group deal for FZ6R-Forum members at $39. Here is their webpage: Motorcycle Frame Sliders | T-Rex Racing

bjpinub

I contacted them directly since I did not see the FZ6R listed on their webpage. They have very fast shipping and great customer service. I got the group deal for FZ6R-Forum members at $39. Here is their webpage: Motorcycle Frame Sliders | T-Rex Racing
I sent an email to T-Rex Racing at the end of November, asking for the price of No-Cut frame sliders for an FZ6R. The reply I received was a cost of $49.95 plus $10 shipping. I wonder why they gave me a larger price. I mentioned I read about them on the FZ6R-forum.com, but that was the price they provided me in their reply email.

gearhead

I just checked the "Group Purchases" link near the bottom of the Forums page and it shows the T-Rex Frame Slider special ended Oct 31, 2009.

Lonelyrider

I got the Intuitive no-cut frame slider~ no modifications required at all...took me 20 minutes to install them. you should get them.

cbzdel

I believe that all of the no-cut sliders will serve their purpose equally well. Therefore, the factor to consider is cost, and I believe the T-rex sliders are the least expensive.

I personally have the Intuitive no-cut sliders, which are the most expensive I believe :(. But they were the only ones available when I got my FZ6R back in Feb.
what he said :D