Newly designed rear set coming soon

arcflash316

Redesigned pillion peg mounts

ok I got my new rear set fabrication in motion, as soon as I get a bit further I will post some pics.... The passenger pegs will be somewhat adjustable as far as a few inches height and forward and back play maximum. I am using a clamp that fits directly over the 1" round tube below the seat and so that will have some slide along the frame for getting them in the right position.... I am just planning on cutting the stock mounts off and deburring the edges and painting the cut line, just like that raced out 6R in the threads....you'll see what I mean when I can get some pics, but for now just have to imagine:D

once pics are up let me know if anyone will be interested in ordering a pair, I hope to be able to mass produce them if the demand is there since nobody wants my fender eliminators anymore:banghead:

Last edited:

cbzdel

Pics or Ban! :spank:

:D

arcflash316

Heres the beginning of the new rear set, shows the clamps used to mount the pegs on the frame....more pics to come as i progress in the fab dept

Attachments

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That looks really high. :don'tknow: Maybe I am just having trouble visualizing what it might look like, but that makes me believe that the rear passenger pegs would make them ride with their knees in their armpits.

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

That looks really high. :don'tknow: Maybe I am just having trouble visualizing what it might look like, but that makes me believe that the rear passenger pegs would make them ride with their knees in their armpits.
That's pretty much where most bikes have their rear pegs located so it must not be as bad as knees-to-pits.

cbzdel

i agree with 99.. are they going to be lowered somehow?

arcflash316

THOSE MOUNTING POINTS WILL EACH HAVE A PIECE OF ROUND TUBING GOUING DOWN TO THE LOCATION OF THE STOCK PEGS SO THE PEG LOCATION WILL NOT BE AFFECTED VERY MUCH AT ALL, MAYBE AN INCH AT MOST HIGHER.... i WATERJETTED SOME BRACKETS TO HOLD THE SAME PEGS AND ALLOW THEM TO MOVE AND LOCK INTO PLACE JUST AS THEY DID STOCK. THESE BRACKETS ARE WHAT THE ROUND TUBES WILL MEET AT SUPPORTING THE PEG MOUNT TO THE 2 POINTS ON THE FRAME

Attachments

Last edited:

arcflash316

k GOT SOME MORE DONE, HERES ONE SIDE ALMOST DONE JUST NEEDS TO BE WELDED UP AND POWDERCOATED

Attachments

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhh...now I see it! lol

Looks good, can't wait to see how the finished products turn out.

Brugge

It looks to me the real challenge will be in moving the shifter and brake pedals to that location. Unless I'm totally confused and those are the new passenger foot pegs.

I believe there is a difference between what are referred to as the "rearsets" and what is called the passenger pegs, I do not think they are the same. I believe "rearsets" are depicted below and linked here:
SATO RACING Rear Sets

But maybe I'm completely confused:confused:

EDIT: O.K. I was confused he is talking about moving the passenger pegs and refers to them as rear set pegs and not installing true "rear sets"

Attachments

Last edited:

cbzdel

now its getting intersting :)

cant wait to see it finished!

makes me sad I sold my seat cowl..

I sold it because it looked weird with no back seat and still rear pegs, I know alot of bikes are like that but its just weird... Its like having rear seat belts on a car with no back sear haha!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
He is moving the passenger foot pegs.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I would guess he is moving the pillion pegs first so he can create/add new rear sets for the rider?

If you don't intend to have a pillion, you can skip the peg relocation, put on the cowl and then put on the new rear sets for the rider.

BTW, word from Roaring Toyz is a possible rear set in the making. They are actually building a race style FZ6R with more custom parts to go out on tour with. Can't wait to see the designs they are working on!

arcflash316

I guess I am calling it the wrong thing?? I am rebuilding the stock mounts for the passenger pegs...if those mounts aren't called rear sets then I apologize

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I guess I am calling it the wrong thing?? I am rebuilding the stock mounts for the passenger pegs...if those mounts aren't called rear sets then I apologize
Yes, that is incorrect. Rear sets are what the rider uses. What you are working on are pillion (or passenger) pegs.

Thanks for the clarification!