New year, new bike!!

06330i

Well, after owning my fz6r for a little over a year, I finally gave in and traded her in for a new bike. I put a little over 10,000 miles on her and loved the bike, just got a little bored with her and was looking for more of a supersport bike. Anyways, I ended up getting a new 2012 Kawasaki zx6r. After endless research I decided the Kawi was the best bang for the buck. The r6 was super uncomfortable and the motor under 8k is basically useless. Cbr is old and outdated and hasn't changed since 2006, and I won't ride a gsxr because everyone has one and the current model is ugly. So I picked her up Saturday and already have 236 miles on her since we got some good weather this weekend here in Michigan. Anyways, just wanna thank all the guys/gals on here for all the helpful information you have provided and the hospitality, this is honestly the best forum I've ever been on (I even like coming on here better than the zx6r forum) don't think I'll be a stranger on here though I love this forum :D

Attachments

arse

Congrats dude. Will be expecting a full review once you get used to it. Hell of a bike.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

06330i

I love the power on it (although I'm still in break in period), but I'm pleasantly suprised the low end wasn't too bad on it. I don't find myself revving it out from a stop and on the freeway I can be in 6th and not even have to downshift for power. The two things that really stick out on the bike though compared to my fz6r was the brakes are freaking amazing and the suspension is so nice. It is a little bit more of a rough ride, but at speed the dampening is amazing, the bike feels like its cemented to the road.

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

06330i

deff man, its nice riding out this way, not too much traffic and theres a few decent roads with some twisties. I'm trying to rack some miles on this thing so I can open her up lol!

Rookasaki

I love the power on it (although I'm still in break in period), but I'm pleasantly suprised the low end wasn't too bad on it. I don't find myself revving it out from a stop and on the freeway I can be in 6th and not even have to downshift for power. The two things that really stick out on the bike though compared to my fz6r was the brakes are freaking amazing and the suspension is so nice. It is a little bit more of a rough ride, but at speed the dampening is amazing, the bike feels like its cemented to the road.
That was the first thing I noticed when jumping on my ninja for the first time was the brakes. The suspension is nice for hard riding. Don't get me wrong, the FZ6R was a great bike, but the Ninja opened up a side of riding I never knew existed.

Grumpy

Awesome bike! Is it a 636?

CrazyCawi

Well, after owning my fz6r for a little over a year, I finally gave in and traded her in for a new bike. I put a little over 10,000 miles on her and loved the bike, just got a little bored with her and was looking for more of a supersport bike. Anyways, I ended up getting a new 2012 Kawasaki zx6r. After endless research I decided the Kawi was the best bang for the buck. The r6 was super uncomfortable and the motor under 8k is basically useless. Cbr is old and outdated and hasn't changed since 2006, and I won't ride a gsxr because everyone has one and the current model is ugly. So I picked her up Saturday and already have 236 miles on her since we got some good weather this weekend here in Michigan. Anyways, just wanna thank all the guys/gals on here for all the helpful information you have provided and the hospitality, this is honestly the best forum I've ever been on (I even like coming on here better than the zx6r forum) don't think I'll be a stranger on here though I love this forum :D

whats your name on zx6r.com

and your first mod should be upgrading the internals on your damper :)

06330i

whats your name on zx6r.com

and your first mod should be upgrading the internals on your damper :)
same as on here 06330i, and I do plan on doing that soon, the stock setup is still too soft. I need to get a fender eliminator asap this stock one is bugging me lol. I can't seem to find an integrated tail light with a built in plate light like the motodynamic one for the fz6r, any input on this?

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice lookin bike!

Grumpy

If its a 2012, it's not a 636. They brought back the 636 in 2013.
Thanks for clearing that up I was confused there. I'm waiting for them to make another ZX7 as I miss my 92. :(