new rider/member

darksidefz6r

Well, I just purchased my first bike ever and happens to be a brand new 2009(that's correct) FZ6R. It had literally 3 miles on it when I left the dealership yesterday. I really like this bike and has so far been the most comfortable sport bike I have ever been on. I just thought I would say hello and introduce myself a little bit. My name is Dustin and I am 23 years old. I do not have a lot of experience on motorcycles and already plan on taking the riders safety course they offer locally here. I was wondering if there are any tips or tricks about these bikes at all? Thanks again and hope to be around for a while.

also, I plan to do the rear fender eliminator.

nucmedman63

Welcome to the forum and I think you'll realy injoy this bike and this forum will give you and help ya with any and all questions you will have.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

darksidefz6r

Thanks. So far I really like this bike. I have been doing some searching already. I plan on looking into the riders safety course tomorrow and see when the earliest date is I can take it.

Fizzer6R

welcome and congrats! head over to the mod section for tips :cool:

darksidefz6r

Well I didn't like the graphics so I have started taking them off. I have all but the tank graphics off. I will be leaving the yamaha on the bottom though. I plan on doing the rear fender eliminator with led turn signals and would like to do the zx6r mirrors and probably the flush mount front turn signals. Other than that it will stay mostly stock for a little while until I can come up with the funds for an exhaust.

heres a picture of how it sits as of right now.

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! .

iSpoolin

Remember that the graphics on the tank are UNDER clear coat, you can't peel them off like you did the sides, you have two options A) Cover them with some tank grip (most peoples choice, I reccomend Snakeskin Techspec, I have them on my Daytona and LOVE them) B) Have the tank painted, but thats expensive!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

darksidefz6r

Any chance someone makes something I can just order and stick on there? I want to do something and will buy the stuff and do it myself if that is my only option but if someone already makes something that is ready to go, then there is no reason for me to reinvent the wheel. Thanks for the suggestions though, I learned it was clear coated after I posted the last pic.:mad:

iSpoolin

Any chance someone makes something I can just order and stick on there? I want to do something and will buy the stuff and do it myself if that is my only option but if someone already makes something that is ready to go, then there is no reason for me to reinvent the wheel. Thanks for the suggestions though, I learned it was clear coated after I posted the last pic.:mad:
Just buy a techspec sheet, cut it to your liking, get creative :D

darksidefz6r

Well I guess that is what I will do then. I have also decided when I do the rear fender eliminator I will be reusing the factor turn signals that way I don't have to cut any wiring since the bike is still brand new and under waranty.

darksidefz6r

I am looking for a different set of grips and was wondering what some of you are using. I am looking for something a little larger and softer, any suggestions?

Stuntman206

what did you pay for that bad boy if you dont mind my asking? I am looking at purchasing this exact bike, and want to make sure I get a good deal. Lookin at $6000 with 15 miles on the odo