New owner.

CycleDan

Just moved to Hawaii, needed a good commuter bike, and something to teach the wife on. Im the happy new owner of a 2014 FZ6R. I used to ride a gsxr 600, and had a Honda trx450r race quad. I was wondering what the power differences are. I haven't been able to go all out yet since I'm still breaking it in (only have 35 miles on the bike).Its been a while since I've had a street bike. Any tips for a novice rider would be greatly appreciated.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

CycleDan

I dont have the need for speed like I used to. Im a little bit older and a little bit smarter now. Not really concered with top end. Just want to make sure I have enough umph to get out of a sticky situation. Whats a good website for mods and upgrades?

DragonBlu

I dont have the need for speed like I used to. Im a little bit older and a little bit smarter now. Not really concered with top end. Just want to make sure I have enough umph to get out of a sticky situation. Whats a good website for mods and upgrades?
Mods and upgrades! You have come to the right place for ideas and how-to's. Just use our search feature. Enjoy the bike, it is a nice looking unit. As for buying parts there are a multitude of places on the web. Just do some searching and you will find them. Welcome to the site!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

yfz6r

The perfect bike for the wife to progress on IMO. Just make sure she doesn't lay it down. It's too pretty for that. Once she gets good pick yourself up a fz1 or fz09 to cruise with her

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CycleDan

Cool! Thanks for the quick advise. Going to start with lowering the bike a bit more so the wife will be off her tip toes.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

knightmare

Every type of mod has been done here.... I'm the same way no need for top end just a quick response... I recommend the airbox mod.... K&n air filter.... And sprocket change... I got -1 up front and +2 in the rear with a xring chain... And it's quick.... Next I would say exhaust... Good luck on ur new ride...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

knightmare

15/48 drive... she must be screaming on the freeway! LOL I bet acceleration is nice.

Yes she is..... I love it.... My top end is gone but I don't need to go 130+ to prove something.... Not on the streets with traffic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Detrich

Welcome & congrats!

CycleDan

The perfect bike for the wife to progress on IMO. Just make sure she doesn't lay it down. It's too pretty for that. Once she gets good pick yourself up a fz1 or fz09 to cruise with her
I really really wanted the fz-09. If they had them in stock I would have grabbed one instead. Probably for the best they didnt have any.

latony007

Cool! Thanks for the quick advise. Going to start with lowering the bike a bit more so the wife will be off her tip toes.
congrats, we have a couple other Hawaii guys on here. You can certainly find any mod on the planet on this site with instructions on how to do it. Scott, rabbit, JT a lot of guys have helped me. I think the FZ6R is a great all around bike and perfect for hawaii, i mean if you hit 75 there you are flying anway :)

but if your a little older and wiser now, like me :) and your wife is short and this is her first bike?? i would have gone ninja 250 or 300 but if your wife has got the chops....

make sure you lower the font to match the link you put in back. most people go with the roaring toys link but there are a few out there. i was going to do it but was scared off by people and i have gotten used to just having the balls of my feet down. just backing up kinda sucks.

Anyway good luck, aloha!