New, old guy Interested in the FZ6r

Pvee

I am 72 years old, in pretty good shape and have ridden Motorcycles since 1964.

I have owned VMAX, BMW 1150R and several cruisers. Right now I have a Vstar 1100 that works fine, but I can't get the FZ6r out of my mind right now.

I like the idea of the weight and a nimble bike.

I like to take 200-300 mile round trip day rides down in S/E Ohio. Some really nice roads there rt 763 for example.

So what do you think of the seat and the riding position for 2-3 hours at a time.

What about luggage for rain gear, tire repair etc.?

Last edited:

bloodypulp

I say get it. There are a few ways to adjust ur riding pos that u can find on the forum and it is pretty comfy bike for long trips. Take it from me I'm 53 and have had 3 low back surgeries from an injury. It never gives me a prob when riding. As far as tire kit I carry plugs under seat and used it once so far. So I recommend this bike highly.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

cdsdave

I have had mine a little over a year and I love riding it. Fun bike with plenty of power and nimble enough. Comfortable and easy to ride but I doubt it will be as comfortable as a cruiser for longer trips. I wish it was lighter and had more power, but that all costs more money so I would call it a lot of bike for the price.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Pvee

You can look at some of my pictures...I have had a few differewnt sets of luggage. I added a gel pad for my longer rides...and liek you I rode 300 miles last sunday and about 10 hrs.

I would be willing to meet in the middle if you want to see one like mine in person. I live about 30 miles west of Cincinnati (out I74)...
Might take you up on that in a couple weeks if I don't make a deal before then.

I am wiped out for time this week and it is kinda cool for a few more days.
thanks..

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JimmyD

I'm also almost 70 and have ridden larger bikes, my last being a Kawasaki Concours I would take into the north Georgia foothills for the twisties.
I choose the FZ6R for the same reason you're interested; light, nimble, quick, and a comfortable upright riding position. Very easy to manage. A reasonable investment as well. Good Luck!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

pjmac5

I am 72 years old, in pretty good shape and have ridden Motorcycles since 1964.

I have owned VMAX, BMW 1150R and several cruisers. Right now I have a Vstar 1100 that works fine, but I can't get the FZ6r out of my mind right now.

I like the idea of the weight and a nimble bike.

I like to take 200-300 mile round trip day rides down in S/E Ohio. Some really nice roads there rt 763 for example.

So what do you think of the seat and the riding position for 2-3 hours at a time.

What about luggage for rain gear, tire repair etc.?
FZ6R is a good choice. The riding position is comfortable. For the long rides, they can use a little more padding in the seat. Another bike to consider is a VFR. A little heavier but still the most stable, smooth and comfortable bike I have owned. FZ6R is very close.

EsrTek

I bought mine in Feb of this yr and already taken it FL to TN and last weekend went to knoxville and did 1000 miles in 3 days.
I did both rides straight through and was in great comfort the entire time (as far as bike goes).
Get one!

24KMACH

Welcome. OLD GUYS RULE. I'm a young 69 and price was not a problem for me when going with the FZ6R. I really like everything about it. I bought my new "leftover" 09 new two years ago. I have had zero problems with the bike. I started riding in 1960. I have had more bikes than Carters has liver pills and the FZ6R is bulletproof. :)

Pvee

Old guy related

I had a 2007 Streetglide when I turned 70. I was convinced I was trough riding and had survived about 50 years of riding with only one accident which didn't cripple me or the bike.
I sold the Streetglide in 2011. Was perfectly happy with my decision.

My wife spotted a 30 year old Yamaha XV920r in a friends garage. The owner was in Germany and wanted to sell it. Without me knowing one thing about it, she bought it and had it delivered to our garage while I was away.

To make a long story short, I fixed it up adjusted valves and fixed several nagging problems and took it on a couple 100 mile test rides.
So I decided if I am going to be riding again, I wanted something newer and more dependable. I sold the XV920r to a guy in California and bought a 05 Vstar1100 which is in great shape.
Now I wrestling with the idea of getting something lighter..!!!

Texas Fizzer

I will say this from a 59 year old guy who has always ridden cruisers . Ok maybe i am just thrilled by A new bike . I have owned a 1100 Vstar , Roadstar , BMW 1200 C and a 1300 VStar . The only Cruiser that was close to the comfort level of the FZ6R was the 1200C . Note each one of these Cruisers i bought a Corbon seat . At this time the stock FZ6R seat is fine. The Cruisers seemed to give me butt burn after about 3 hours .