• ST1300

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • FJR1300

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Kawasaki Concour

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

iceman

So here it is I would like to know what you think of those bike and what you recomend me! I am carrying my Gf wich is 110 pound and I am considering a used.

Here are the contendant:

-ST1300
-VFR1300
-FJR1300
-Kawasaki Concour

I would like to know if you have had one or if you test drive one and what are your impression. Personally I like the look of the FJR and the VFR but I think VFR is more of a sport bike than a touring!

Thanks in advance!

Jay S.

I might get flamed a bit for this, but I don't think you can go wrong with the FJR, ST or Concours. All of them have a very loyal following and they all have very strong maintenance histories (with some minor exceptions). The VFR I don't know much about since it is new. I don't think there is a "wrong" choice in the bunch.

My opinion...

:cool:

(But if I had to choose, it would be the FJR)

Last edited:

the_cr

The VFR is fairly aggressive and the seat, while well designed, is on the firm side (on a side note it is a 1200). Personally I am a fan of the ST1300. It is a beautifully built bike, very nicely balanced and very comfortable. It is fairly easy to maneuver (relatively speaking) and there are plenty of add-ons for it. Also with the black plastic bits on the fairing you get built in crash protection that still follows the lines of the bike.

It gets my vote :thumbup:

Fizzer6R

for me VFR , but yeah since your GF is gonna be on the back how much, as in 99% of the time, then you might opt for either of the others. test rides! :D

See red

The concourse is so hot it feels like it will melt your legs and boots.

The vfr is too aggressive.

The fjr is basically the same as what these are only 125 pounds heavier. But nice.

raybob

If you are buying used, I'd go with the ST1300 or even an ST1100 (if you can find a low mileage one, good luck with that!). I've friends with all of these - the short guys like the FJR a lot although it has always had heat problems. Doubt that would be a big problem in Nova Scotia. A friend with the new Concours goes everywhere, across the continent and back, with his wife (great people, but neither are ... svelte) and never complain about the heat. I think Kawasaki had a fix for it right after release - more heat shielding/insulation under the body work. The STs run and run and run and run and run and run. Don't mistake them for sport bikes, but they are better than a Gold Wing in terms of handling and braking, similar to a BMW R1200RT, but without the final drive issues. I think the VFR1200 is overpriced.

Bob

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited:

raybob

And don't buy that POS honda ST700.. I will kick you in the nuts..
Don't be too hard on the Deauville. If they had punched it out to 800cc and added a 6th gear, I'd have one today. Instead, the marketing nitwits and car guys running Honda America brought it over with no changes from the vastly different European market, dooming it from the start, just so they could trumpet, "We told you it wouldn't sell."

Bob

sammy56

So here it is I would like to know what you think of those bike and what you recomend me! I am carrying my Gf wich is 110 pound and I am considering a used.

Here are the contendant:

-ST1300
-VFR1300
-FJR1300
-Kawasaki Concour

I would like to know if you have had one or if you test drive one and what are your impression. Personally I like the look of the FJR and the VFR but I think VFR is more of a sport bike than a touring!

Thanks in advance!
You forgot the Triumph Sprint GT, Suzuki GSXR FA (1250) and Ninja 1000. I would actually choose either of the Triumph or the Suz over any of the other choices. Plus and especially with the Suz, you can put a custom seat on it and still have thousands of dollas left over!!

Just my .02

LB

Tmak73

VFR except I would go with the 800 version. For the exact reason that it is our bike but with more power. May not be practical if your doing trips with a second person though.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Chucker

Most reviews pick the Concours. The new ones don't have the heat problem.

I don't recall anyone complaining about their FJR or ST1300.

Drive them all, read the reviews, pick the one you like the most. You won't be disappointed if you do your homework.

VFR is probably is a no go if you're going to be riding 2 up a lot.

I'd also look at the BMW K1300GT.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SAFE-T

I own a 99 VFR800, and have ridden all the various model 750's and 800's. It works as a two-up bike, but you will probably be happier with something with more displacement.

I have never ridden the Concours, but it was just too big for me. I couldn't get on the bike without kicking the saddlebags.

The ST1300 is a great bike from what I've read, but like it's predecessor the ST1100 it is a heavy heavy beast.

The VFR1200 is ugly and overpriced. Pass.

Which leaves the FJR1300. I've ridden them and they feel like a slightly larger version of my 800. More power and torque and a little more spread out riding position.

See red

I agree with Bob on all the bikes. The VFR is not in the same class as the rest. It is in the same class as our bike but with twice the motor.

The Honda, Yamaha and Kawi are all great bikes. Each has been manufactured for ages now and every couple years they improve it more and more. If you can find any from 2007 and up you will be doing good. Kawi's fixed the heat issues ages ago fyi. When someone complains about something always pay attention to what year the object is. Motorcycles are improved more frequently than cars are. I would love to have either the FJR or the Concourse. I'm leaning more to the Kawi even though i'm not a kawi fan but if it's up to price I'd go with the Yamaha. The Honda will always cost more to purchase and that is why it comes in third.. The only reason.

And don't buy that POS honda ST700.. I will kick you in the nuts..
Just rode an 08...... and NO they did NOT fix the heat issue at that point. I also rode a 2011 and THAT is finally fixed, kawis always run hotter because they lean them out so much to get by emissions. The new one is much less hot lol! I was told by the dealer to buy after market exhaust, remap it richer, and wrap the pipes, then let me test his personal one. yes that was nice.

The fjr ran hot until 05 and up. they actually got it cooled by the time they had made the auto shift.

The NT700 is absolute garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iceman

Guys You are awesome!!!! I still don't know what much to do but I will test drive and let you know more later! Is the concour really bigger than the FJR? It seems to me that the FJR look like a good balance of everything! Am I right?

CrazyCawi

There is a super cheap multistrada near me....BRAND NEW

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member