New Mods by T-Rex Racing

Kleinfalls

The spools will need to be moved back further. The one on the sprocket side should be moved back until it touches the factory chain guard. Otherwise the arms on the lift won't reach far enough to get to them and still clear the tire.

I have pics on iPhone but can't upload them. :-(

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

bmw675

yeah, I was thinking that was the case.... I've also got them right at the bend..... I just wanted to get them on so they didn't get lost in my house, figured I could tweak the position later

ok, removed the ".com" and they are now back to the end of the fz6r-forum on the sticker side.... looks right now
so have either of you have any comments on how they work. My harbor freight stand is to the point where i'm afraid to use it (is bending/leaning to the side bad). I'm going to order a stand but am trying to decide if i should pick up these spools as well.

bmw675

just an fyi for anyone who was interested in the spool adapters, they are now on t-rex's website.

spool adapters

lwclancers

Just got mine today :) I also got the red spools I am going to swap out on the adapters (the spools were free because I also bought a front/rear stand set :steve: )

Also, the free anodized spools are smaller than the black plastic so they wont stick out as far.

Overall will be a nice setup...especially when I install by TBR next weekend :rockon:

Chucker

Hey Dart1963, I've got spool adapters en route. How've yours worked for you so far? Any issues?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Chucker

I received mine and will be installing tomorrow or sunday wx permitting. One thing I didnt think of before though was the chain cleaning and waxing. these look like they may get in the way and make it a little more difficult?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
I don't think so. They'll sit right where my swingarm stand pads go, and I don't have any issues.

rjohnson5481

used mine for the first time last night, makes everything easier and more stable. Love them.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

those look like some serious hold power

tomorrow you can call them to confirm ;)

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member