New Mods by T-Rex Racing

Kleinfalls

I live in Dallas and replied to an AD in craigslist by T-rex racing - they wanted my year and model bike for some mods. They have made some spools that bolt on around the sides of the swing arm - easily installed in front of the axle before the bend in the arms and allows the bike to easily be raised by their stand. They also have a front fork lift that works really well. They measured the bolts on the engine to make a no-cut frame slider while I was there as well. So if you haven't found spools you like or no-cut frame sliders you like - wait a little bit and see what they come up with. If you have an idea for something let me know and maybe I can mention it to them in person as a possible aftermarket mod idea.

Motorcycle Race Stands, Sliders, Spools, Chocks

Sparkxx1

Ahh! Thank you! I really want front and rear spools for this bike, plus the stands! I don't want to put a center stand because it limits exhaust options, so this seems like an amazing idea by them.

Keep us updated and let us know when they're done. I know many people here have had ideas, but nowhere to really pitch them too.

bmw675

i would love to get spools from them...

but they already have no cut frame sliders, alot of us have had them for quite some time.

iSpoolin

i would love to get spools from them...

but they already have no cut frame sliders, alot of us have had them for quite some time.
Thats what I was thinking. I've had mine for months haha

Spools sound nice though :D

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Kleinfalls

That's exactly what they are doing - The existing no-cut frame sliders have a single mount point - and they are making new ones that mount to 3 bolts on each side to give more stability to the slider - even a bracket that mounts two only 2 bolts may still have a tendency to bend out of the way - good ole geometry 3 points determine a plane

Last edited:

Kleinfalls

And the spools are a done deal - they just have to get them posted on their website - they are on my bike and used my bike for the pictures for their website. They just fit them on last Friday. I still have the cheap plastic chain guard which keeps the spools from being positioned a little further back on the swing arm - but if you replaced the chain guard with an aftermarket that wasn't so bulky the spools could probably be positioned further back towards the axle

They actually had my bike up on the back and front lifts - both wheels off the ground and it was very stable.

Last edited:

Sparkxx1

That's exactly what they are doing - The existing no-cut frame sliders have a single mount point - and they are making new ones that mount to 3 bolts on each side to give more stability to the slider - even a bracket that mounts two only 2 bolts may still have a tendency to bend out of the way - good ole geometry 3 points determine a plane
And the spools are a done deal - they just have to get them posted on their website - they are on my bike and used my bike for the pictures for their website. They just fit them on last Friday. I still have the cheap plastic chain guard which keeps the spools from being positioned a little further back on the swing arm - but if you replaced the chain guard with an aftermarket that wasn't so bulky the spools could probably be positioned further back towards the axle

They actually had my bike up on the back and front lifts - both wheels off the ground and it was very stable.
Why must you tease us! Unless your bike is being held hostage...:needpics:

Kleinfalls

I will post pics this weekend - they are suppose to fit the bike with the sliders this Friday! Sorry for no pics.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bmw675

I will post pics this weekend - they are suppose to fit the bike with the sliders this Friday! Sorry for no pics.
but its only tuesday. :ban: :justkidding:

Mine are on order! Email them if you want them. They have black and blue available. (hint, hint Chad! :rof:)
so you got a special deal by ordering it before it hits the site?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Sparkxx1

they look kind of awesome, fack now I know where my money is going in about 2-3 months...I want full stands for maintenance/winter.

bmw675

i emailed them about them the other day, i've just been waiting to see what they looked like. they are kind of like what i imagined, should be simple to install. aka: install tonight with pics posted! :D

bmw675

nice, i think they should work real well where they're at. thats about where my harbor freight picked mine up at.