onur

hi guys/girls

Im new to this site im from Australia hopefully getting a fz6-r soon just wanted to Noe how much you payed for your bike due to being winter here i think i should be able to get a pretty good deal but just wanted to noe how far can you push salesman thanks

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
F

faastmoto

Hey. Welcome to this forum and you have great time there. I am also new member and my name is Martin Abell. Feel free to talk with us. Thanks!!!!

Ledgini

Hey Onur,

Welcome to the forums.

I am a motorcycle Salesman at a Yamaha, Suzuki and Triumph main dealer in the UK. It could be diffrent in Australia but I doubt it, during Winter time you can push the sales team pretty hard as we are far more likely to give some really good deals in winter. Your best bet is to find a dealer that has had an FZ6R for a while in their showroom, they will be more likely to want to shift it, therefore are far more willing to reduce the price. If a dealer has only had a bike a few weeks they will try to hold out for as much as possible to get a good return on the investement. After a while dealers just want to move the bike on to freshen up the showroom for minimal profit. The other thing to do is go in on a quiet day midweek, again you are more likely to get a better deal due to low or even no sales that day. Even in Winter a dealer could sell 5 - 10 bikes at a weekend so have no need to barter as much. The other thing is go to the dealer with information on bikes from other dealers that you are also interested in, if they know you will walk to find the best deal they will do a little more perhaps.

Good look finding a bike, you cannot go wrong with the FZ6R / XJ6

auniquesoul

welcome, i paid 4,800 USD, OTD

NoDoze

Welcome to the community!

I bought my bike back in October 2009 for $7300 including a four year extended warranty OTD ($6900 without ext warranty).

onur

thanks for all the replies special thanks to the bike dealer great info im sure alot of people can find use of the info you gave
and im from Granville Sydney nsw