New member to the Forum

HClay

Hello all, purchased my 13' FZ6R around june this year, found the forum and wanted to say hello to all. Here are a few pics of bike, thanks and look forward to talking to all. Be safe

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

HClay

Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy the bike! Ask any questions if you can't find what your looking for.

Sent from my one and only iPhone 5 using Tapa 2 da talk
Thanks brother, not going to do much more except lower front/back and custom exhaust. trying to keep it simple for now

Kdubb223

Where you at in SoCal? I'm tired of seeing fz6rs around here but never seeing them on the forums!

HClay

I am around the oceanside area, and yes i love the pearl white color way better than the decal crazy yamaha team blue model for 13'

Neme

Thanks brother, not going to do much more except lower front/back and custom exhaust. trying to keep it simple for now
Until the mod bug makes its rounds.. but welcome, enjoy the bike. You'll find that that fz6r community is like one big family on this forum. We are here to help eachother out so ask questions! Check out Marthy's exhaust solutions. Welcome to the family!

Neme

thank you sir, and awesome advice for exhaust
In my opinion, the two brothers is not worth the 900 bucks. It sounds great but I just can't convince myself to spend 900 bucks on an exhaust. When you change the exhaust you have to add a power commander or equivalent. Speak to Marthy, he will get you on the right track! There are exhaust mod threads on here also if you don't want a Marthy exhaust. There are also threads about dropping the forks and the rear. The Roaring toyz lowering link seems to be the most popular.

HClay

Yea Im not spending 800-1000 bucks on a exhaust, planning on doing a custom pipe set-up, still will sound deep and clean but 40-80 bucks at max. and im just shooting for a more aggressive lowering, probably around 1.75-2.5 front and back

Neme

Yea Im not spending 800-1000 bucks on a exhaust, planning on doing a custom pipe set-up, still will sound deep and clean but 40-80 bucks at max. and im just shooting for a more aggressive lowering, probably around 1.75-2.5 front and back
Good luck to ya! And remember, we like pictures. So anything you do to your bike post a pic!

mtheartist

Welcome. No Kidding on the Marthy exhaust option! I wish I had asked when I first joined but I went and dropped over a grand on the TwoBros w/Juice box. When I traded it in, I practically gave all that money away. Anyway I'm in the neighboring city so hit me up whenever you'd like to go for a ride. Great people here. Yeah we sometimes disagree on certain things but for the most part people are here to help in any way they can. Lots of us bought a diff bike but stuck around because this forum is super awesome. Btw, I still have my stock pipes/headers if you don't want to jack up your original set. Let me know...:welcome:

HClay

Sounds good man, Carlsbad is not far at all away lol and yeah im gonna look at different options for a stock exhaust mod, i have a done a few stock mods on R1's and they put out better numbers than the Two Brothers system which is what I wanted, The stock Mod... done right sounds better in my opinion and pushes just as much if not more power

mtheartist

Sounds good man, Carlsbad is not far at all away lol and yeah im gonna look at different options for a stock exhaust mod, i have a done a few stock mods on R1's and they put out better numbers than the Two Brothers system which is what I wanted, The stock Mod... done right sounds better in my opinion and pushes just as much if not more power
Sounds like you're just the guy I need to talk to then... My Ninja is bone stock and was getting ready to buy a new slip on. Debating between an M4 or 2bros. Perhaps you may be able to help me do a custom one? That would be awesome! One thing I hated about my FZ6r was the pops on deceleration. If I wanted a chopper I wouldn't have minded but it was borderline embarrassing on a sport bike, haha! We'll have to meet in person one day.

HClay

for sure man, i noticed mine was popping a little first 100 miles, after that it cleaned up a little. Stock exhaust mods are easy, if you have basic exhaust knowledge it is easy. we did straight pipes off headers on a R1... Loud but sounded clean, and crisp im gonna test with mine all bikes are different when it comes to it.

xleeb0y13x

Congrats on the purchase. Watch out for Cali's new exhaust laws that went into effect this year. I just got my bike a few months ago and that's the only thing stopping me from changing out mine.

Sent using Jedi mind tricks!

mtheartist

Congrats on the purchase. Watch out for Cali's new exhaust laws that went into effect this year. I just got my bike a few months ago and that's the only thing stopping me from changing out mine.

Sent using Jedi mind tricks!
No kidding, I read somewhere it only affects new bikes 2013 and newer. However, I don't think it's gonna stop anyone. Try telling a Harley guy not to put screaming eagles on his bike! Or anyone with any type cruiser for that matter.