New Member to the Forum/Biker community

indian9990

Hi Guys,
I just got a 2009 FZ6R a few ago. It's my first bike. I found this forum while browsing around for mods/random questions I had about the bike. It seems like a great community and I can't wait to be more involved!

I had some issues registering but it seems to be better now :) Didn't get the desired username I want but this will work lol.

I'm totally new to the biking world. I have tons of questions and don't know much about maintenance and such regarding the bike. Hopefully i'll learn as I go alone. I love riding though and am addicted to it :)

So that's about it :)

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome !

Brock Kickass

Welcome! Lots of great info and people here. Use the search feature and ask plenty of questions and you'll eb an FZ6R expert in no time. Let's see some snaps of your bike!

indian9990

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm a little hesitant about doing it myself but maybe I'll give it a shot soon. The bikes pretty much brand new. Previous owner bought it from a dealership in 2011 and it had 2000 miles on it when I bought it from him :)

Since Marthy said it didn't happen unless I put up pictures..here are some ;)

EDIT: They turned out a lot bigger than I expected lol.

The previous owner put these spikes on. I never bothered taking them off.

Last edited:
Y

yellowfz

See you got the fast one, "Yellow".:D
Welcome.
Looks like the left-hand side has a piece not snapped in correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

indian9990

See you got the fast one, "Yellow".:D
Welcome.
Looks like the left-hand side has a piece not snapped in correctly.
It's a bit broken. I'm not sure what happened to it. I'm thinking about super gluing it back in because its driving me crazy lol. But I did get the super fast yellow one! Bumblebee!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

indian9990

Don't do that! All you need to do is remove the fairing. Then remove the screw that holds the scoop cover on. Then you will be able to pull the cover off, and reposition it that it locks into place the proper way. It really is quite simple. Look at the other side for reference.
Its one clip though and there is a crack in the clip so i don't think its going to snap back into place. I'll look into it more though!

indian9990

Yellow rider... Now your a cool guy! This is the fastest color... Dyno proven! LOOL
Haha thank you! I checked out your page! Its pretty sweet. How do those exhausts compare to the two brothers exhausts?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

indian9990

Just as good for 1/2 the price. The Viper can might not be available for that much longer. They were almost out of stock as not so long ago. I have the Danmoto slip-on that is about the same size (custom made) and sound about the same with the DBKiller. The quality is superior to the Viper and look... it's personal. I prefer the black can and after few good ride the stainless steel get kind of goldish... I replace my Viper with the Danmoto. And as funny as it sound the combo with the DBK feel like it improve the mid range on my ride and still flow enough at top end.
Nice! I'll have to look into it soon. I don't think I'm going to get an exhaust until next season though. I'm in Colorado so only like 2 months left of riding..well depends on weather Lol.

Where do you guys usually go to buy parts and such? Like I really want integrated turn signals, rear fender eliminator kit, and integrated brake light turn signal. Any suggestions where the best / cheapest place to get them is?

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

indian9990

If the snap is broken yeah it will be like that. Mine was after my "off". If it is really broken though, might I suggest not gluing it, maybe just go buy the new part. When I fixed mine, that part was super cheap. You can get just that front part of the scoop for $20 or the whole box assembly for $50 if part of the bigger black section is defective also.

Once you glue that part down you wont be able to seperate it later if you do want to replace just the one section without risking further damage to the other.

I forget also, as its been a while since i've taken mine off, but I think you would then have some difficulty getting that bigger part off based on how it all screws together. I could be wrong on this part though.

Oh that's a good point. I never thought about that. I will have to look into it soon. It's getting a bit annoying and makes the bike look bad. If the parts cheap then there is no problem replacing it. I'm trying to do a bunch of my mods for next season.

What are your thoughts about lowering the bike?