New member from upstate NY

bjrft

Hello everyone!

I've been riding for a while and finally, on a whim bought my first "own" motorcycle last May. It was a 2007 Honda Shadow VLX. That bike was a lot of fun, and I was definetly against any sort of sport bike...... until I test drove a Suzuki GS500F for a friend who wanted to make sure the bike was mechanically sound. What a blast that was, I loved the gliding and floating feeling and confidence I had driving that bike. I loved watching the revs climb, and being able to rip through the gears. My 4 speed shadow didn't compare.

I researched a lot of bikes and fell in love with the FZ6R and Ninja 650r and hoped to be able to afford one of them soon. (I'm a college student with a limited budget and I guess you could call me a cheapskate.) I had paid off my motorcycle in around 10 months and went in to my local shop and saw a leftover 2011 FZ6R at a sale price of $6,800. I had also had my bike up on craiglist with no leads in about three months. They were willing to give me an okay trade in amount, and knocked another $150 off the price. I was then approved for financing.

The next day I sold my bike for what I had bought it for, and will be getting my new FZ6R soon. When I bought it the weather was in the 70's and 80's, now its cold and rainy:mad:. I would like to do a lot of things to this bike.

As soon as I get it, I'll be purchasing frame sliders, a FE kit, and a tankslapper kit to avoid some scratches. I also want to add heated grips, a lighter plug, and a ton of lights, I want to be very visible at night, and will probably add some lights and hook it to a switch to turn them on and off. I will also add brighter headlights. Finally, some graphics and performance type things like high flow air filter and new exhaust. I'm looking for something sporty sounding but with the ability to either be between super loud and quiet, or be able to quickly change it because I sometimes work late/early and don't want to wake people up.

I'm excited to learn some things and hopefully contribute some of my knowledge and insight. Pictures when the weather is nice and I bring it home!:D

linkgt

Welcome from NY!. I've been upstate before a little past albany... beautiful roads up there. Enjoy!

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! :thumbup:

Wooster

Welcome from West Virginia.......Formally from the Syracuse NY area

Fizzer6R

small world eh - grew up in the utica area and lived in albany area before coming south... welcome to the forum

DakinechicK

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :cheer: