New Member from PA

PARider

Hey Everyone,
Just thought i'd post a quick introduction before I become an active member here.:cool: I am picking up my 2012 FZ6R (great deal OTD) in about a week, and cannot wait. This is my third bike, so not a newbie when it comes to riding. Hoping there are some other Central PA riders in here that would like to hit the twisties in the area sometime. Interests are riding (of course) and I am also an IT guy, so that pretty much fills up my day. Looking forward to talking with everyone throughout the year.

PARider
:Sport:

NAFz6rJr

wud up dude....Im new as well and buying my 2012 fz6r the first saturday in april....cant wait...getting the raven one....im in md

Rookasaki

Welcome to both of you! :thumbup:
What other bikes did you have? Just a heads up, this forum is the best on the net, period! Check out the video section to see our bike in action!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

PARider

Welcome to both of you! :thumbup:
What other bikes did you have? Just a heads up, this forum is the best on the net, period! Check out the video section to see our bike in action!
Thanks!
I started out on a 09 Ninja 250r, until it totaled in a parking lot (hit and run). Then picked up a DRZ400 for some trail riding, now back to the street :D. I have been watching the videos, and they are great! I have been thinking about vlogging myself, just gotta wait until i get my M4 exhaust :rolleyes:

Rookasaki

Thanks!
I started out on a 09 Ninja 250r, until it totaled in a parking lot (hit and run). Then picked up a DRZ400 for some trail riding, now back to the street :D. I have been watching the videos, and they are great! I have been thinking about vlogging myself, just gotta wait until i get my M4 exhaust :rolleyes:
Cool. Can't wait to watch some of your vids!

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! Don't be fooled by rook. He has a daaaaark side. Daaaaaark! J/k. Or am i? You will like it here. :)

NAFz6rJr

Hey guys, I am in Central PA as well. Just sold my 09 FZ6R, but we still have the wife's bike. Live in Chambersburg, and we are in York all the time. We have tons of good routes that we like to hit a lot. Let me know if you want to ride around sometime.

Cool man, York is about an hour away from me but maybe i'll take that ride sometime

DakinechicK

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :cheer:

PARider

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes guys! I am in the State College/Williamsport area, so if anyone is around we can meet up for a nice twisty back road ride sometime. I am picking her up on Thursday and cannot wait. Going to be a blast. I'm sure this is a repetitive question, but how did you guys break her in? I'm planning on riding her normally and just changing the oil around 250miles or so. Thoughts?:confused:

FitZ6R

Welcome! A bunch of us rode Gold Mine Road / PA 125 with Funkmaxtor a while ago. That's sort-of-central PA, right?

There's about a dozen break-in threads. Call me crazy, but I just more-or-less follow the manual.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Flipflash

Elite Member

Detrich

Welcome :)

MustGoFaster

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes guys! I am in the State College/Williamsport area, so if anyone is around we can meet up for a nice twisty back road ride sometime. I am picking her up on Thursday and cannot wait. Going to be a blast. I'm sure this is a repetitive question, but how did you guys break her in? I'm planning on riding her normally and just changing the oil around 250miles or so. Thoughts?:confused:
I followed the manual and just followed their recommendations. Kept it under the required RPM's then ripped it after 1k. I believe it's an oil change at 600 then 1000. Check da book, tho. I just cruised some highways and got to work back, which is 20 miles either way.

Oh, and welcome suh! XD

PARider

Woo

Hey Guys,
Finally picked her up today. Going by the book for this break-in, but can really feel the power start kicking up toward 6-7. Had an awesome 100 mile ride home, and this iron horse handled like a dream.

Attachments