New member from Atlanta

BzB

hey everyone. new member here from atlanta, ga.

haven't been on a motorcycle in about 20 years, but always maintained a keen interest. about a year ago the interest turned into a burning desire. did a bunch of research, took an msf course, got my license and recently picked a used raven 2014 fz6r. awesome bike and exactly what i expected, comfortable riding position, more than enough power (having spent time on the 300cbr), and cool looking too. so far i've added shogun frame sliders, puig screen, fender eliminator. of course i brought pics to the party...:)

at this point all of my riding is on local roads and practice at nearby empty parking lots. feeling very comfortable on the bike, but taking it easy. lurked for a while before signing up and you guys and gals have a good thing going here. glad to have a resource and community like this one.

Vath

Welcome and congrats on your new purchase! This bike will serve you well and last forever (From what I am told, I am still pretty new to the place too!)

What wind screen did you go for? Puig Touring? Or just a stock copy? Been looking into the touring for my fiancee's bike but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

BzB

thanks for the welcome. i plan on treating the bike well so hopefully i get the same in return.

the wind screen is taller than stock so i think it's the touring. read about buffeting and so far it's not bad. plus i like the way it looks. :D

Vath

I hate the way my mirrors look with the stock windscreen. Dang bunny ears sticking out so far! This looks a lot better though, I may have to invest in a new wind screen to knock out 2 birds with one stone.

Cheers! :iconbeer:

Superzoom

Beautiful!

I suspect there might be a chance you will squash your license plate with it angled forward like that. Maybe try the opposite and angle it way back. Even then, some people find they hit their license plates when they go over a big bump.

BzB

thanks superzoom. will definitely adjust the plate angle so it doesn't catch the rear tire.