New Member and Rider

Mike.Elofson

Hey All,

Brand new motorcycle rider from Minnesota here. I have barely ever sat on a motorcycle (maybe once?) before, let alone ever DRIVEN one. This didn't stop me from purchasing my new motorcycle though! I did a bunch of reading around, looking for a good beginner bike to start on. A lot of suggestions were saying a 250 or 300cc, but I knew that I would want to upgrade to something bigger far too soon. After quite a bit of reading I found the FZ6R, and am incredibly glad that I went with it.

I purchased my '13 White FZ6R brand new in February, and finally had a few opportunities to take it out (albeit it, in the cold) earlier this March! Put around 200 miles on it so far, still getting used to motorcycle riding, as well as doing a bunch of practicing on the ALT-MOST test course so I can pass my test coming up soon. Hoping to get out a bunch more assuming that the Minnesota weather decides to cooperate!

I've added a 12v power outlet, and RAM mount for GPS use already. Also have ordered Shogun Frame Sliders, Motodynamic Flush turn signals, Motodynamic Integrated Sequential taillight, and a DMP fender eliminator. Just waiting for them to arrive for the install!

This is my baby, the day I brought her home. 0 miles, and just begging to be ridden!

RedRider

Congrats on the new bike and nice upgrades! I think it's a great starter bike with room to grow as long as you ease in to and try not to get too ahead of yourself based on skill (which it sounds like you're doing right). And make sure not to DRIVE your bike...RIDE your bike ;-)

lark

i'm partial to the white and red because that's my fz6r too :) you'll love seeing it as you walk out to ride. good luck with your test and welcome