New iOS 7?

ylwf3vr

Those with iPhone/iPad... Thoughts on the new iOS?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

xleeb0y13x

Not bad. Looks like mostly a bunch of flashy things. Not really a ton of useful features.

Sent while running with scissors.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Detrich

It's fugly as heck. I don't like it.

ylwf3vr

I hate re-learning all the things that iOS offers.. it does seem like all fluff..

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

danieljardim

Loving it so far. It makes the phone screen pops at you. feels like a new phone.

Only thing I didn't like was the fact that the spotlight search does not include web anymore.

Besides that, everything else is cool

Riccochet

that god it's only my work phone. on a site note it seems the sliders to turn on/off bluetooth and wifi are easier to use.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

lwclancers

Im kind of giggling some of the "new" things they are introducing have been in the Android OS for 1-2 years already. ;)

Muddog7998

It's just the b@stard child of windows and Android phones. Apple keeps stealing the functionality of Android and the appearance of the windows phones.

I personally hate anything apple. It's such a backwards company. I will say iOS 7 is a much needed face-lift, but poorly executed.

Detrich

It's just the b@stard child of windows and Android phones. Apple keeps stealing the functionality of Android and the appearance of the windows phones.

I personally hate anything apple. It's such a backwards company. I will say iOS 7 is a much needed face-lift, but poorly executed.
Actually, you are incorrect.

Google copied & bastardized Android from iOS. This was a result of Eric Schmidt sitting on both board of directors at the time. Although it was never openly spoken of, Eric was covertly diverting "what cool ideas Apple is working on" over to Google. And, as a result of a "conflict of interest" he was eventually asked (more like forced) to relinquish his seat on Apple's board. But the damage had already been done.

As much as I dislike iOS 7's GUI, I hate Googlr by far any day.

Muddog7998

Actually, you are incorrect.

Google copied & bastardized Android from iOS. This was a result of Eric Schmidt sitting on both board of directors at the time. Although it was never openly spoken of, Eric was covertly diverting "what cool ideas Apple is working on" over to Google. And, as a result of a "conflict of interest" he was eventually asked (more like forced) to relinquish his seat on Apple's board. But the damage had already been done.

As much as I dislike iOS 7's GUI, I hate Googlr by far any day.
Android originated in 03 as more of a project but later changed course to rival symbian and Windows phones, was bought by Google in 05 (2 years prior to the unveiling, not release, of the original iPhone), unveiled in 07, and released in 08. The features android had on 1.5 surpassed iOS up to iOS 5... Cut and paste, notification bar, toggles for wifi, bluetooth, gps, multitasking, the list goes on for what android had first in just 1.5 that iOS didn't copy until years later.

I've worked with a few teams for making custom roms on Android for 4 years now. I know the os inside and out.

ajones70

This is what it looks like on my ipad mini.... Slowly growing on me. Waiting till the weekend to do iPhone 4S tho. When i updated it to ios6 it got stuck in the bootup cycle and my phone was toast for 24hrs. Went to the Apple store and they gave me new phone as I only had mine for 3months.... So going to download new ios when the Apple store is open and I can go there if I have any issue.

Attachments

Detrich

The flat icons look really ugly. :(