New FZ6R Rider in San Diego, CA

Skirat

I just thought I'd make my initial post here and say hello. After years of wanting to ride, I finally borke down, and made it happen. I've been in the military for 17 1/2 years so I've seen tons of bikes to and from work so it's only gotten more tempting over the years.

I Purchased a brand new 2011 FZ6R (orange/black) from a local dealer for 8K OTD, popped on my frame sliders and purchased a Targa FE kit and Proton flush mounts to install in the near future. With only having it for 3 days and having 110 miles on it, I guess you can tell I'm liking the bike a LOT.

I've already got the permit from the DMV and will be taking my BRC course on the 3rd and 4th of next month. Yay for free MSF courses for military members.

Other than the initial hello, I just wanted to thank the admins and the users for a wealth of information on the site. It's quite the distractor at work but meh, can ya blame me? lol

Chucker

Welcome, but without pics, how do we know for sure you bought a bike? You could be a mole.

Skirat

Photo - Showroom where I bought it.
Photo2 - In the garage after frame slider install (where it belongs!)
Photo3 - First fill up (yeah I have boots now)
Photo4 - Grarage full of toys, mine on the left.\\

I'll get some better pics but having JUST bought the thing..... :p

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Chucker

OK, the picture of the garage was uncalled for. Now I'm jealous. Not just because of all the toys, also because it's so clean!

Skirat

lol the Garage is my buddy Rob's (‪sdrob01's Channel‬‏ - YouTube) who owns the black/blue R6 and the Red Frontier, The Ducati is his roommates, the Yellow GSX-R 750 and 110cc pitbike belongs to our friend Kyle and the FZ6R is of course mine. ;)

Skirat

Thanks for the replies. I look forward to becoming a regular here and posting about the good and bad things I've learned (with PICS! of course).

So far it's just been a bit of riding around town and a fun ride out to Sycuan l and back up through Jamul. I have to admit that it was a lot of fun taking my time around the twisties back there.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Skirat

Welcome. Good to see more San Diego riders on here. Hit me up if you ever want to hit some twisties. Looking at that pic in the showroom I'm guessing Southbay Motorsports?
Since I had connections at Fun Bike Center I actually got mine there. As for riding together I'd totally be down sometime in the near future. Feel free to shoot me a PM for my info. Being a new rider though I do want to get a little time under my belt (and courses) so I don't hold you up too much. :p

Skirat

So far, after having only gotten my bike on Saturday (and it being Wednesday now) I have Shogun No-cut frame sliders, DDM 5,000 HID's and a Targa FE kit installed and did it all myself (thanks to the threads here. Proton flush mounts and ZX6R mirrors on the way. I also removed the passenger grip because I liked the look more without it and I don't see myself having passengers anytime soon.

.... Now if only my damn licence plate would get here! :D

Attachments