New FZ6R rider here!

JSP

Super Moderator
Just picked one up yesterday morning. Have almost 200 miles on it already now. Love this bike! Glad to have a place to come to and ask questions and get to know other riders.

:Sport:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Nice choice!! :thumbup:

You will really love this bike. And the forum has a bunch of great people, willing to help, and a ton of useful knowledge.

Enjoy and ride safe!

oyamyers

:welcome:Welcome and nice choice on the color. You will enjoy both the bike and this forum.

cbzdel

Welcome :welcome::thumbup:

MNDZA

Congrats! Looks great!

xplodnstar

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Howdy! Enjoy your new ride!!!

JSP

Super Moderator
Where in VA are you?

Small world! Live in Stephens City out past Winchester but I work in Sterling off of 28 before the airport.

I commute 55 miles to work and 55 back home. Can the FZ6R handle that maintaining around 6k rpm for about an hour at a time?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Small world! Live in Stephens City out past Winchester but I work in Sterling off of 28 before the airport.

I commute 55 miles to work and 55 back home. Can the FZ6R handle that maintaining around 6k rpm for about an hour at a time?
This bike does very well as a commuter on the highway! :thumbup: I wouldn't recommend doing it until past the break-in period, but that's up to you. If you do, just change gears every once in a while to vary the rpms.

JSP

Super Moderator
This bike does very well as a commuter on the highway! :thumbup: I wouldn't recommend doing it until past the break-in period, but that's up to you. If you do, just change gears every once in a while to vary the rpms.
Yeah thats what I did this morning. Today is the first day I took it to work. (Well, since i bought it yesterday) :D.

I took the back way in which is a little longer but the speed limit varies quite a bit as you go through little towns. I made sure I varied my speed and RPM quite a bit. Hopefully all will be good. Im just trying to get over break in, so I can really crack it open. Cant wait to feel what 10k+ is like :thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
It's a blast! The top end HP lacks a bit, but the torque is amazing for this bike! :eek:

JSP

Super Moderator
It's a blast! The top end HP lacks a bit, but the torque is amazing for this bike! :eek:
Sweet. Im coming from an 08 Honda Rebel 250, so you can imagine im already in aw with the power I can already feel. I wont know what to do with myself when I'm allowed to really get on it :D I should be out of break in possibly by this weekend if the weather stays decent and I can take it to work all week.

area

Ha, I work right down from IAD at 28 and 50 intersection west...your actually very close!

I was going to ride today but I got pretty lazy and decided to ride when it was a little cooler tonight.

JSP

Super Moderator
Ha, I work right down from IAD at 28 and 50 intersection west...your actually very close!

I was going to ride today but I got pretty lazy and decided to ride when it was a little cooler tonight.
When do you take your lunch? Should meet up and ride for a little bit at lunch time since we are so close. I take lunch from 12-1pm. Could get a decent little ride in there :thumbup:

I actually take 28 down to 50 and take 50 home.

SiGPiGomer

Congrats on the new bike. Welcome to the form. I did the same thing you did for breaking my bike in. I work about 200 miles (round trip) away from where I live. I had my bike through the break in period in like 2 and 1/2 days. I recommend if you are doing highway riding to keep changing your speeds speeds and maybe open it up a couple times. The reason you want to open the bike up, is so the seals in the motor seal properly. Be safe, but ride hard. haha:welcome:

area

When do you take your lunch? Should meet up and ride for a little bit at lunch time since we are so close. I take lunch from 12-1pm. Could get a decent little ride in there :thumbup:

I actually take 28 down to 50 and take 50 home.
I usually go around 11:45 or so; are there alot of fun roads down 50 that way? do you take 15?

JSP

Super Moderator
I usually go around 11:45 or so; are there alot of fun roads down 50 that way? do you take 15?
I dont know this area too much. Pretty much just come out here to work. I use to take 7 all the way from winchester up through leesburg to 28. But i just realized I can take 50 all the way up. 50 is ok, some decent spots. I havent been on 15.

area

I dont know this area too much. Pretty much just come out here to work. I use to take 7 all the way from winchester up through leesburg to 28. But i just realized I can take 50 all the way up. 50 is ok, some decent spots. I havent been on 15.
Just hit me up some time you want to ride...I've been meaning to actually head out towards Charleston sometime via route 9.

fz6rwolf

Welcome, and yes 6k for over an hour is no problem. I've done 7300rpms for couple hours (you figure out the speed LOL).