New FZ6R owner in RI

em21701

I just put a down payment on a 2009 Raven leftover. I pick her up Friday. My wife is getting my 2006 EX500 and I'm stepping up. I'm a regular commuter and frequent weekend tourer. The FZ came highly recommended by a former bike mechanic friend of mine. I can't wait to take her for her maiden voyage.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Hoops 09Raven

Snow???? Oh wait, I dont have that problem. :D

Just waterlogged from alot of rain that we had. This last week has been pretty awesome for riding.

Gonna go ride right now... :p

:justkidding: Congratz on your purchase, I hope the weather clears up for you soon so you can enjoy the new ride!!

bigguybbr

Welcome to someone who is actually within riding distance. We'll have to meet up when I'm down at Burlingame this summer and go for a ride.

redprodigy35

Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy your new bike!
My first ride on mine (last week) impressed me to say the least. The torquey feel, comfort, and "flickability", really makes it a pleasure to ride.

I have heard others comment on the shifting, and "feeling" improving after the first oil change... However for my ride this was all really smooth anyway.

New here myself, there are a lot of knowledgeable, friendly people on these boards! (With really tricked out bikes that I envy!:D)

em21701

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Picked up the bike yesterday. Put 20 miles on her coming home, and many more over the next few days. Let the break-in begin. I am very happy with the smoothness of the engine, and the over all feel of the bike. I spent an hour or so last night adjusting all the controls to my liking. The CG feels a little higher than my EX500 but the tires are still too new and the roads a little too sandy to push the lean and really feel out the steering. I think I see a fender eliminator in my future, boy does that thing stick way out there. It is only made worse by full size temp plate the dealer put on there until they get my new plate.

JSP

Super Moderator
Congrats and welcome! :cool:

CDN6R

Congrats on you new bike and welcome to the club! May I make a suggestion? If you have questions on the 6R please use the search button that is avaliable. Just about everything has been discussed on this forum from oil to tires. There is lots of info here glad you came over to "our " side.!:canada:

mozu19

New owner of a FZ6R

I am the proud owner of a 2011 Reddish Copper/Raven FZ6R and man is she beautiful!!! Had her 3 weeks now and able to put on over 1200miles even with the rainy weather....Live in Mass. so weather is always changing.
Must say, I love this bike....had a few over the years but this is best so far!!
Other women in my biker group all jealous!!
Glad to see so much info on this forum, hi to all!!

CrazyCawi

I am the proud owner of a 2011 Reddish Copper/Raven FZ6R and man is she beautiful!!! Had her 3 weeks now and able to put on over 1200miles even with the rainy weather....Live in Mass. so weather is always changing.
Must say, I love this bike....had a few over the years but this is best so far!!
Other women in my biker group all jealous!!
Glad to see so much info on this forum, hi to all!!
Welcome!!! Glad to see you a part of the forum and I love that color scheme! Btw enjoy the site and remember the search engine :) best of luck!!!!

bigguybbr

.Live in Mass. so weather is always changing.
You know what they say:

If you don't like the weather in New England, go back to where ever the hell you came from!

j/k Nice to see another Raven in a 100 mile radius!
:wav:

fz6rwolf

Welcome, I'm in Providence. Have a blue 09 have had 2 years now though last year had very few miles to lamenectomy/lumbar fusion of my L4/L5 vertabre. I usually on weekends ride into Ma or Ct.

Patek86

Welcome from a fellow Mass rider. Glad to hear that there's another one of us out there. I haven't seen the orange and black FZ6R yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Let me know if you need any help or want to meet up and ride.

PK