New challenge for me

CrazyCawi

I have a hard time with that, first and second gear are so fun to rip through even just from a stoplight or something lol

fltdriver

Man, I rarely get my rpms that high. Almost always shift between 5-6k. The only time they get +8k is on straight stretches of highway (but only in 6th gear).

But I've also been averaging ~51mpg.

Gilbuddy

Keeping my RPM's under 8k for a whole tank of fuel. :D
I've tried this challenge several times. I have yet to be able to do it. I might have more success if I could stay away from freeway on-ramps.

My other goal is to get over 40 mpg. I think they may be related.

Rookasaki

I want to see how many miles per gallon I can get. Trust me, It's killing me. I've owned my 6R for almost 2 years, I have 10k miles on her... There's not one time where I have taken it easy. My bike is ridden really hard! That's why I get an oil change every 2k miles, I get all my recommended services done etc...

I'm a good torture test for Yamaha.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Rookasaki

I'll say. If you're changing your oil that frequently you're actually doing more harm than good, since good synthetic oil actually works better after it's been worn in a bit.

I put 7K miles on my 6R in the four plus months I had to ride it last season and changed the oil three times during the break in process, and again before I put it away for the winter, and once more when I got her out this spring. I don't plan on changing it again till I put her away for the winter again, regardless of how many miles I do or don't ride.
I use Yamalube...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I'm run rotella t in my 450r 4 wheeler and I have to change oil every 4-10 hours of use due to the heavy modding I was told by the engineers who made my head to change oil every 4 hours lol

so right now is 9pm...wow at 1am you gotta get up to change it then at 6am? shitty who changes it while your at work? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: