new car 2008 jaguar xkr?

crobih

I have owned a 3000gt vr4 since I was 18. Im 27 now and im just tired of people always trying to race me. I do got a thing for sports coupes and the jaguar xkr seems like a grown man playtoy. Insurance would cost 180 a month and im ok withthat. The car is a v8 4.2l supercharged beast. Still has that class feel and all of its records. Its an 08 with 47k miles. Otd 40k and im ok with that. Any thoughts or alternative cars? I have the vr4, the r1 and a company car that I use as my daily. This would strictly be a weekend car.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 9794

:facepalm: $180 a month insurance.... for a weekend car?! :eek: can I borrow $5 bucks?!

crobih

:facepalm: $180 a month insurance.... for a weekend car?! :eek: can I borrow $5 bucks?!
Lol I didnt think 180 was that much. My r1 is 130 a month and I only have 1 speeding ticket. But I only insure the r1 for 5 months a year due to seattle riding season.btw thats full everything. Theft vandalism, etc. The gold package. And seattle has a huge car/bike theft problem. I know way too many people that got their bikes and cars stolen.

Last edited:

xleeb0y13x

Not bad. Hate to say I'm a bit partial to the vr4 as they are just awesome. Good choice for a weekend car though.

Sent from the second bathroom stall to the left.

crobih

Not bad. Hate to say I'm a bit partial to the vr4 as they are just awesome. Good choice for a weekend car though.

Yeah I got the 1999 vr4 hahaha, and I cant part with it . Bought her with 30k miles she has 130k now but at almost ten years of driving, not bad. Just the kids keep racing me and literally have almost run me off the road. I was once in that scene when I was younger but not anymore.

yillbs

What about the BMW M5 ? it's close in power to the SC beast. And... well.. it's a BMW.

You can get a new 370Z, it's not on the same luxury scale as the xkr.. but it's nice, then you have the genisis coupe.. it's also not on the same scale as the xkr.. but it's nice..

then you have the infiniti G37 sport... it's up there with luxury.
Last but not least, if you can find a used GTR it's sport.. with class. Overall though the xkr has the looks of a fine tuned machine, imo.

I have owned a 3000gt vr4 since I was 18. Im 27 now and im just tired of people always trying to race me. I do got a thing for sports coupes and the jaguar xkr seems like a grown man playtoy. Insurance would cost 180 a month and im ok withthat. The car is a v8 4.2l supercharged beast. Still has that class feel and all of its records. Its an 08 with 47k miles. Otd 40k and im ok with that. Any thoughts or alternative cars? I have the vr4, the r1 and a company car that I use as my daily. This would strictly be a weekend car.

xleeb0y13x

Yeah I got the 1999 vr4 hahaha, and I cant part with it . Bought her with 30k miles she has 130k now but at almost ten years of driving, not bad. Just the kids keep racing me and literally have almost run me off the road. I was once in that scene when I was younger but not anymore.
Good thing is even with high miles they can fetch a good price. As log as the conditions good.

crobih

What about the BMW M5 ? it's close in power to the SC beast. And... well.. it's a BMW.

You can get a new 370Z, it's not on the same luxury scale as the xkr.. but it's nice, then you have the genisis coupe.. it's also not on the same scale as the xkr.. but it's nice..

then you have the infiniti G37 sport... it's up there with luxury.
Last but not least, if you can find a used GTR it's sport.. with class. Overall though the xkr has the looks of a fine tuned machine, imo.
M5 not a coupe even though I have been an admirer of bmw forever. G37 I looked into and I like it its just that at leas here in Seattle they have riced out the g37 and the nismos. I want to get out of that scene that's why I didn't want to go near the nissan or infinity even though the interior in the g37 is badazzz

crobih

Good thing is even with high miles they can fetch a good price. As log as the conditions good.

Yeah tooo much history with the car to sell it. Believe it or not . Car was bought in 04 for $18K from a 57 year old woman. The car was unmolested it just had a ton of dog hair in it. I can still sell it for 10k easy

Fizzer6R

understand Seattle is a major city, but your Insurance numbers sound high - who do you have and when was the last time you shopped around? do you tell them that technically all your personal vehicles are for pleasure with low miles per year considering you have a company car for daily driver...

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

crobih

I'm definitely in the wrong profession, what do you do for work?!?!
I just audit/ certify medical equipment . Then I repair/calibrate on my own on pt basis. Manufacturers charge 250-300 $ per hour, I do it for 120-140 $ per hour depends on the customer. Being good with electronics helps. Sometimes its cool stuff then sometimes u get abortion vaccums and its not sucking. Probably the filter or the pump and then u see nastiness builtup clogging the filter. Use your imagination. But can't complain, its not backbreaking, stressful maybe. And low startup cost. Being resourceful does a lot for you.

crobih

I had a 3000gt myself what a sweet car but yes I know what you mean with everyone trying to race you all the time!
Yeah I know I'm not the only one, it starts getting to you. Cant even get on the freeway on the weekend. Even my fellow bikers are messing with me. Drives me nuts.

crobih

Have you thought about an e46 m3 coupe?
I did. M3 is just a way faster version of the 3 series bmw which for some crazy reasons are everyewhere you go. M3 at least for me still feels like a college kids car. A rich college kid. Being a weekend car I want it to be different.kind of sounds like some stuckup shiat to say but im far from that. Plus finding an unmolested m3 is hard, the jag owners i have known seem to be older responsible guys who take care of their toys.

D

Deleted member 9794

Lol I didnt think 180 was that much. My r1 is 130 a month and I only have 1 speeding ticket. But I only insure the r1 for 5 months a year due to seattle riding season.btw thats full everything. Theft vandalism, etc. The gold package. And seattle has a huge car/bike theft problem. I know way too many people that got their bikes and cars stolen.

yukon hybrid w/ geico = $452.80 per 6 months = $75.47 per month
fz6r w/ progressive = $221 per year = $18.42 per month (was $200 before rate hikes this year)

i dunno, maybe it's Seattle or just sports cars...

crobih

yukon hybrid w/ geico = $452.80 per 6 months = $75.47 per month
fz6r w/ progressive = $221 per year = $18.42 per month (was $200 before rate hikes this year)

i dunno, maybe it's Seattle or just sports cars...
This is the r1 yearly insurance quote. Keep in mind 1 speeding ticket going under 11 mph over. Thats what is on my record. It expires in october of this year so who knows maybe it drops to 30 a month lol. Not gunna happen. A lot of it is based off credit score. My score is in the upper 700's whish is great. Maybe im justgetting raped but I already made a huge payment for 3 months so its whatever

Attachments

Last edited:

xleeb0y13x

I paid 600 for a year on my 6r so those rates don't seem so high. The r1 rates look like a killer though.