6R Blackout

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

0150r

Hmm I'm 5'3. I could touch my toes down on the FZ6R.

My wife is 4'10 and I would love to get her on a bike but there are far to few of options out there:( .
The 2008+ Ninja 250r's and CBR250's have really low seat heights and be even be lowered a little too.

A friend of mine lowered her CBR600RR two inches and it is crazy low. It's low enough to have to go around decent size speed bumps :eek:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited:

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

redwing-2001

Of course only after I sold my GS500, my wife said she wanted to learn how to ride. She studied the MSF book, got her learners, and she's been first-gearing around our neighborhood on my bike, but can't flat foot. Well, just came almost an hour home with our new bike.... 2001 Kawasaki EX250/Ninja 250!

We got this for $1,700 with new tires, a box of stuff (chain lube, shop manuals, etc) gloves, 2 sets of pants, 2 jackets, and saddle bags. Insane right? Btw, we tested two other Ninja 250s that were literally falling apart. This one is great. Very light, easy to ride.

Highway was actually much more stable than my old GS500 (though kind of weird riding in 6th gear doing 11,000rpms - redline is 14). But when I stopped, them temps starting climbing. It has a rad, so I'm gonna order a thermostat and flush it. Also, has a FE and front/rear led lights, which won't pass here in the Republic of Maryland, so I gotta ebay oem ones. Looks like it's gonna be a great bike.

Only gripe I really have is it's the OLD UGLY style, but we can get over that.

very nice. congrats.
Reading the book, getting a learners and practicing is good. However, please encourage her to take the MSF Basic RiderCourse. Here is the link for Maryland
2012 Maryland Motorcycle Safety Program

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member