new 11 reddish copper fz6r pics & mod advice

Copper6R11

Alot of research went into getting this bike and the new colors sold me...also liked the yamaha blue, but even tho it was raining at the dealer i knew this was what i wanted. 4 days later...i was driving it to work. So glad i bought this bike, its great. I for one like the midrange power for city driving. Now that i have it, all the mods questions come into play. Im thinking FE, TBR exhaust, juice box, flush mounts, and im thinkin pigspotters...maybe. Any advice?

Glad to be joining the fz6r family.

Attachments

ksanbon

Congrats & welcome to the forum! I hope you're lovin' the new ride.
In regards to mods, I'd start w/ frame sliders.

Roaddawg

Nice looking bike and congrads. I really think Yamaha should have painted the fairings the copper red color too, it's a nice color and not very common.

As for the pig spotters....if you are going to use them ONLY to fix your hair or whatever, then get 'em. Otherwise, if you want to be able to actually use them for seeing behind you, they don't work. A couple people on here had tried them and they don't work. Use the "search" and type in mirrors. There are tons of threads with a bunch of different mirrors to give you some ideas that would suit your taste. But, as for the pig spotters, don't waste your money.

Welcome and ride safe. :cool:

Copper6R11

Nice looking bike and congrads. I really think Yamaha should have painted the fairings the copper red color too, it's a nice color and not very common.

As for the pig spotters....if you are going to use them ONLY to fix your hair or whatever, then get 'em. Otherwise, if you want to be able to actually use them for seeing behind you, they don't work. A couple people on here had tried them and they don't work. Use the "search" and type in mirrors. There are tons of threads with a bunch of different mirrors to give you some ideas that would suit your taste. But, as for the pig spotters, don't waste your money.

Welcome and ride safe. :cool:
Thanks all, and Roaddawg, yea ive been reading that pig spotters dont give u much visability. I just don't know about those trojans, thanks for the help tho ill read some threads on mirrors to see if theres some i like.

Detrich

Congrats! Nice bike. Ride safely...

CrazyCawi

thanks all, and roaddawg, yea ive been reading that pig spotters dont give u much visability. I just don't know about those trojans, thanks for the help tho ill read some threads on mirrors to see if theres some i like.
zx10 mirrors...nuff said :)

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

CDN6R

Welcome to the site from Canada.:canada:I just love that copper color..I bet it looks fantastic in the sun. As Chad (FZR Black) said use the search feature and there are lots of ideas there. As for mirrors,,I have bar-ends and I really like them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Copper6R11

Welcome to the site from Canada.:canada:I just love that copper color..I bet it looks fantastic in the sun. As Chad (FZR Black) said use the search feature and there are lots of ideas there. As for mirrors,,I have bar-ends and I really like them.
I didn't notice this at first but there are specs of gold chips in the copper paint. It gleems and sparkles a little in the sun, it looks so good. Im thrilled with my decision.

pauly69

Alot of research went into getting this bike and the new colors sold me...also liked the yamaha blue, but even tho it was raining at the dealer i knew this was what i wanted. 4 days later...i was driving it to work. So glad i bought this bike, its great. I for one like the midrange power for city driving. Now that i have it, all the mods questions come into play. Im thinking FE, TBR exhaust, juice box, flush mounts, and im thinkin pigspotters...maybe. Any advice?

Glad to be joining the fz6r family.
I have the same bike as you it's a great bike for the price
Welcome to the forum all the best

SAFE-T

Now that i have it, all the mods questions come into play. Im thinking FE, TBR exhaust, juice box, flush mounts, and im thinkin pigspotters...maybe. Any advice ?
FE: good for flinging dirty water down your back in afternoon Florida thunderstorms

TBR exhaust: good for making noise; soon to be good for getting noise violation tickets in several areas throughout the world

Pigspotters: good for being able to check yourself out while riding; will be 100% useless for actually seeing leo's on your six

:eyebrow:

Flush mounts can get you a ticket here, particularly if you ride like a tard and mr.policeman is already writing you up for other violations ~ no idea about Florida. I would check out the ZX10R mirrors being discussed elsewhere on the board, myself.

Search "juicebox"

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

lwayne58

Looks Great

I'd suggest a Corbin seat - the stock seat is (butt) ugly imho. I also replaced those ugly bulbous yellow turn signals.

Have fun!

Copper6R11

I'm new to the forum too, and I have that exact same bike sitting in my garage right now...hours away from taking the driving course.

And like you, the first thing I ordered (and received today in the mail) were the frame sliders, thanks to this forum and the search function.

BTW, I got the Shogun No-Cut. Which ones did you get?

I'm gonna have to keep an eye on your bike, we essentially have the same "born on" dayes :p

(BTW, already thinking about the fender eliminator mod...the rabbit ears don't bother me so much yet.)
I got the no-cut ones too. Nice bro, im glad u got this bike too. Its dead sexy and with a few mods, will look MUCH better than most bikes.