Need?

oyamyers

Just heard from my son in Afghanistan after more than a week of silence. He sent a short message saying that he wanted to let us know that he is "safe but have lost some people" and to tell us he loves us. Knowing my son as I do I can read between the lines and based on what he said, they are getting hit hard and its ugly out there. He is scheduled for leave in October and I can't wait to see him. Thanks for listening. I was just overwhelmed by his message and needed to get it out.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Deputyfarva252

Hey Brother , I have had several Family members , Father , cousin and close friends over there , I will keep you and all of our service men and woman in my prayers and Hope for a safe return

roadrat

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way oyam

Detrich

god speed for his safe return...

Crocop43

Hey I was deployed to afghanistan twice and Iraq once...glad to hear everything is ok, yeah sometimes things hit the fan over there and losing friends always hits hard but don't let it get to ya.I'm sure he's doing fine....it's mostly ieds there now have u guys been sending packages his way I have this thing we do in my company where we send packages of stuff out to guys such as ur son....let me know if he needs anything and we can get the ball rolling and help him out...oorah

rr_double_rr

What is his MOS(job) in layspeak?

Godspeed and good luck to him, hope he returns safe.

oyamyers

What is his MOS(job) in layspeak?

Godspeed and good luck to him, hope he returns safe.
He is Infantry. One of his jobs is to fly the backpack UAV.

oyamyers

Hey I was deployed to afghanistan twice and Iraq once...glad to hear everything is ok, yeah sometimes things hit the fan over there and losing friends always hits hard but don't let it get to ya.I'm sure he's doing fine....it's mostly ieds there now have u guys been sending packages his way I have this thing we do in my company where we send packages of stuff out to guys such as ur son....let me know if he needs anything and we can get the ball rolling and help him out...oorah
Thanks for your service. We send him packages often and send some to his buddies as well. If you can, send me a PM and give me some tips on what to expect on his leave coming up in Oct. This is his first deployment.

Again, Thanks for your service. I fully respect everyone who serves.

FlyZ6R

Praying for a safe return home. Deployments are tough, especially when friends are lost. I often wish that I was over-head doing my best to keep the troops safe. My time will come soon enough. :)