Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

engineered2win

I found my FZ6 cams on the FZ6 forum (600riders.org), by posting in the parts wanted section. Their cam swap is r6 cams, so you can get a decent deal on them, or at least beat the ebay prices. I bought the fz6 cams, fz6r cam gears, and machining for around $150.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

engineered2win

Did you get them installed yet? Took my baby for a ride today and love the mod more and more, especially with my modded stacks and airbox. She howls now.
Yep cams are installed. I bought a Leo Vince exhaust, which is a bit quieter than my GPR deeptone and fits with my center stand. There is a nice intake growl between the airbox mods and the cams. I'm still working on the fuel map. I started with Marthy's FZ6 map, but my fuel economy was just awful (like 110 miles to reserve down from about 150), so I started tweaking it. I didn't want to buy an Autotune, but it looks like I'll need to. I started by zeroing the decel column, since there was a ton of fuel being added (up to +40%) and that helped. I didn't notice any popping under decel without corrections. I'm going to try and lean out the low engine speeds next. It bogs a bit and I think it's partially due to fuelling, although the cams did no favors to low end torque.

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member