Need Opinions Please

Sport Bike Girl

I am healed up enough to get my new bike. I want the Red 2014 but will probably have to wait till May before it's available
The dealer had 2013 still in crate for a decent price
I'm thinking about getting this one and having my parrots
Airbrushed on the bike and their feathers on the helmet. The artist has awesome skills and will do bike and helmet for $550
What do you think of the idea??

Kat "Tails" Arnold

Last edited:

latony007

why insistent on the 2014? You can always get a 13 cheaper and there has not been any changes. Longer you wait the cheaper they will let a 13 go too, I got my 2012 in july of 13 for 6300

the bird idea sounds cool, there is someone on here that will mock it up photoshop for you first :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

I personally would never pay 1000$ for a color on a $7-8000 bike but that's just me, to each his own. The 2013 in white and red just needs a little more red to spice it up. You can check out mine I added a lot of red bits to it that make a big difference, grips, rear signals, bar ends, fairing bolts, gas cover. could do a tank pad in red too, I did mine in clear.

RoadTrip

I would get the color you like best unless you got a screamin deal on the 2013. I think the 2014 red looks good, it is real fresh in terms of past FZ6R's, and pretty sure you could pull the stickers down the road if the graphics didn't age well.

latony007

I do like the sticker on the 14, I wish my 2012 had the red frame bar but I think I added enough to spice it up. The pictures do not do the white justice though, looks like plain old flat white, in person its metalic sparkly kinda bluish white ;)

Sport Bike Girl

why insistent on the 2014? You can always get a 13 cheaper and there has not been any changes. Longer you wait the cheaper they will let a 13 go too, I got my 2012 in july of 13 for 6300

the bird idea sounds cool, there is someone on here that will mock it up photoshop for you first :)
Who can do this and is there a charge??

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Sport Bike Girl

Gorgeous Macaw you have there, I never owned a big parrot like that. Only parrot I've owned was a pocket parrot-let. My favorite bird I ever owned was an Aracari Toucan. Bird had an amazing personality with people.

Thank you
Crazy Horse is my foster failure
Her original owner had her 23 yrs he became sick and she had not been handled in about 6 yrs
She is good with me but strikes out at everyone else so I adopted her

Kat "Tails" Arnold

latony007

Who can do this and is there a charge??
I think it was Bert AUS but do a search on photoshop, he took my bike and changed everything on it that was red to blue for me.

VRIIClubby

as long as you get the red frame ;) it doesn't really matter! (insert Linkin Park scream)

14 looks ok, Guess the scales of balance are there for you to tip in whichever direction!

wait a little longer for the 14 vs cheaper price of the 13.

the 13 may be more of a blank canvass for airbrushing having said all that!