need new suspetion springs

cbzdel

how will the back shock be different? just wondering, seems like if you want a stiffer ride you just adjust it to the #7 setting..

GoGreen09

Just another option: Sport Bikes

scroll near the bottom and you'll see the FZ6R project link. It's going to be one of my mods this winter, I just need to find a tech that can do it for me since I live in an apartment with no garage.

stuna

how will the back shock be different? just wondering, seems like if you want a stiffer ride you just adjust it to the #7 setting..
THE BIKE RIDES PRETTY GOOD STOCK but with the new shock compression, and rebound will be adjustable . until you have ridden some with a great suspension you don't know the diff. after changing the front springs i can feel even better that the rear is lacking. there is a drawback on a good suspension. you can go to fast and not realize it . but high end suspension is NOT CHEAP .
i have over 3k in my snowmobile suspnsion , but oh can i go . a big reason i did the sled is i have 6 screws in my back , i cant take the beating any more

stuna

Just another option: Sport Bikes

scroll near the bottom and you'll see the FZ6R project link. It's going to be one of my mods this winter, I just need to find a tech that can do it for me since I live in an apartment with no garage.
i have looked there but i what a fully adjustable shock

cbzdel

THE BIKE RIDES PRETTY GOOD STOCK but with the new shock compression, and rebound will be adjustable . until you have ridden some with a great suspension you don't know the diff. after changing the front springs i can feel even better that the rear is lacking. there is a drawback on a good suspension. you can go to fast and not realize it . but high end suspension is NOT CHEAP .
i have over 3k in my snowmobile suspnsion , but oh can i go . a big reason i did the sled is i have 6 screws in my back , i cant take the beating any more
Gotcha, with my rear shock set to 7 I can feel so much slop up front, but with a front upgrade I guess it does not respond the same to match the new front end..

GoGreen09

how much did the front setup cost you guys (joloy and stuna)? It might be me, but I don't see the part# on the pdf file on their webpage.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

stuna

its not that i want a stiffer ride , i want a smoother ride , with 3 separate adjustments i can set for whats best for me . for any one that does not know about shock adjustments there better of with out them as you could make it handle really poor .1 hi speed compression adjustment is for impacts as running over a 2x4, low speed compression is for a dip in the road . rebound is for how fast the rear of the bike comes back up from a impact. when set right can make for a very sweet ride . my snowmobile has ohlins front shocks , i just had them revalved as the compression was too stiff. so when i hit a rock it would kick up the sled . now the shock should give and not buck the sled

BluePill

I think the stock suspension works well together when the rear is set properly.
My last bike was a 2008 CBR1000 with full adjustments. For reasonable street riding (under 90MPH), I find the FZR suspension to be BETTER than any combo I could get on the CBR. If I regularly rode above 100MPH, I'd still have the CBR. But I don't and I don't.;)

joloy133

how much did the front setup cost you guys (joloy and stuna)? It might be me, but I don't see the part# on the pdf file on their webpage.
Talk to EPM performance or the Annitori Distributing on Hyperpro usa site. Spring kit cost me $284 delivered. I didn't want to invest in total adjustable front and rear suspension. I feel that the best way to go would be variable progressive springs for our stock parts. Racetech did some testing and will match you up with their set up based on type of riding and your weight. The mods for me included re-valving and most was directed at the front shock. Surprisingly, they left the rear shock as is, for street purposes. Total cost for racetech set up was $500 for parts.