Need help asap

Roadking013

ordered my integrated tail light, I chose the DMP because the motodynamics is sold out everywhere. got it and noticed that the plug looks all wrong, or is it?

this is the plus the DMP tail light came with:

This is the one that is stock:

should i just rewire it to the OEM connector? or what should I do?

Bozman

I had to hardwire my FE kit and front lights. I haven't yet seen one with a factory plug. I imagine that's what you will need to do. Not very difficult just be sure to check the operation before sealing the harness. I'd highly recommend soldering the connections then using shrink wrap to finish it up with.

ylwf3vr

ordered my integrated tail light, I chose the DMP because the motodynamics is sold out everywhere. got it and noticed that the plug looks all wrong, or is it?

this is the plus the DMP tail light came with:

This is the one that is stock:

should i just rewire it to the OEM connector? or what should I do?
That looks like same plug that goes INTO the light bulb socket...

kvtrunners

Give this a try

You've probably found a solution to your problem, but in the future if you happen to run into a connector problem. I personally would snip off the connections and equip it with a brand new connection(i.e. Molex or equivalent) Clean it with shrink tubing and and cable tie anything loose.

Roadking013

now maybe y'all can answer another question

the integrated turn signals only have 1 wire (blue and yellow) but now ground, and I can see that i'm gonna have to rewire it to the original OEM turn signal connections.

what should I do with about the lack of ground wire?

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Lilday

I bought a moto-dynamics tail light.

but I'm in the UK, so the connectors are totally different.

I went down to the shops and bought a bunch of these:

Cut all the wires and then re-connected them with some pliers. Works perfect :)

Riccochet

Just a side note. My Motodynamics light is starting to flake out after 3 months of ownership. Sometimes when hitting the brake it'll blink erratically. Beyond the 3 warning flashes. Just random flashing. Might need to warranty exchange this when they come back in stock.

Lilday

Just a side note. My Motodynamics light is starting to flake out after 3 months of ownership. Sometimes when hitting the brake it'll blink erratically. Beyond the 3 warning flashes. Just random flashing. Might need to warranty exchange this when they come back in stock.
It may be the connection on the brake lever? Have you cleaned it up and greased it recently? The little switch which makes the 'click' sound when you pull the front brake lever in sometimes requires a little cleaning & grease to work effectively.

Riccochet

It may be the connection on the brake lever? Have you cleaned it up and greased it recently? The little switch which makes the 'click' sound when you pull the front brake lever in sometimes requires a little cleaning & grease to work effectively.
wish it was that. But the brake light will flicker regardless of using the foot or hand brake.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member