Need Advice

F

FZ6R_Blue

Looking for some advice for a weekend ride/rally on the Fz6r.

It's 130miles from home to Algona,IA then i need to be able to bring tent and enough stuff for the weekend june 30th-july 2nd
i need all helpful advice

CrazyCawi

Its simple....

Go to REI:

#1 buy a compact single tent. they weight 2-3lb's and set up in under 2 minutes.
#2 get a backpack with large capacity. pack your water, socks, boxers, toothpaste and other menial items in their.
#3 purchase some soft side sadle bags, pack your shirts and pants in there.

your done...go ride the 130 miles and enjoy the weekend by yourself.

F

FZ6R_Blue

Its going to be a weekend with 13k other riders at the Algona Freedom Rally

CrazyCawi

:thumbup:

by the way your welcome for the advice????

CrazyCawi

Give is top notch

CrazyCawi

heres a link

I also recommend here

there are a number of good touring specific websites, I have also found all my good deals come from the famous three:

sportbiketrackgear.com
motorcycle-superstore.com
revzilla.com

always check clearance first!!!

Last edited:
F

FZ6R_Blue

like my post said i am looking for helpful ideas from people who have bags or gear they use to travel not just a big blue backpack. thanks for the few tips but I'm looking for someone with experience not just google bookmarked

CrazyCawi

Well I can tell you specific products to use, but you havent said if your looking to spend $600 on a set of hard cases, or if ur looking for a $30 tank bag. Its hard to give specifics without that info. I know there was a post about 3-4 weeks ago about a rear hard case with like a 5 litre capacity for less than $150 online with ebay.

if you want cheap but high quality side bags:

OGIO saddle bags-look and work amazing

if money as a college student is an issue these are great and have heard good things about them as well and they are cheap right now:

Find link here not google

im busy at work ill finish products later

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
F

FZ6R_Blue

Thanks dart. My main concern is being able to get everything i need on my bike.

CrazyCawi

I think with saddle bags and a tank bag and back pack you should be able to fit everything youd need for a couple day weekend trip, just gotta make sure you pack your bags efficiently. I always have the wife do it because I waste space the way I pack stuff(even at the grocery store haha)

if you dont want the saddle bags maybe even look into this rear bag?

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/922/103/

here is the tent I recommend as it folds up into a 2-3lb little pack easily packed into anything

http://www.rei.com/product/761893/rei-quarter-dome-t2-tent

or this one

http://www.rei.com/product/815005/big-agnes-fairview-1-tent-special-buy

plus if you buy fast REI has 20% off coupon for REI outlet products(SECOND TENT i POSTED)

Last edited:
F

FZ6R_Blue

thats my problem to. i can never get stuff packed well enough to fit everything.
Not sure if i should bring anything else other than clothes and small amount of water/food the rally is only 7miles from a town that seems to have stores so i guess i could just pick stuff up there.

CrazyCawi

THAT WOULD PROBABLY BE THE SMART THING, IT MAY COST A LITTLE MORE BUT IMAGINE HOW MUCH MORE YOULL ENJOY YOUR TRIP IF YOUR CARRYING LESS ON YOUR BACK YA KNOW? DONT FORGET FROG TOGGS THO! i RE-EDITED MY POST WITH SOME MORE INFO PLZ READ

CrazyCawi

EXCELLENT TENT! One note on the GIVI....amazing brand but no reviews...no reviews always scares me especially if they are on sale. Maybe check reviews on another store to see if there are any known issues with them first ;)