Need advice please!!!

OSBORNE112892

Hey everyone!

A buddy and I had installed an aftermarket exhaust and a power commander on my 09 fz6r. We apparently had something wrong as we had gas coming out of the exhaust. I took it to a mechanic and he took care of the issue(we hooked it up slightly wrong), but to check the motor for discoloration when doing an oil change as that could mean the bike is shot. I'm not mechanically incline and just need some feedback.
The bike has been riding fine the only thing is the gas mileage has decreased. Does anyone think this is fixable? I'm getting ready to have an oil change done on it so will get the motor checked out, just wanted to hear everyone else's thoughts until then!
Thanks for any advice and input!

tdnathens

Do not run this bike! Change your oil and filter before you move your bike! If you had gas coming from the exhaust your oil also has gas in it. The only damage to the engine will happen when you run your engine with this mixed oil. Change oil and filter, put about 25 or 30 miles on your bike to get it fully warm, then change the oil and filter again. I can't believe your mechanic let you leave his shop without changing your oil. I did this 40 years ago and I know what can happen.
Tom

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

OSBORNE112892

Thank you for the replies! I took it in and everything seems to check out. My only concern now, is that my gas mileage on a full tank of gas is about 90 miles..and i know that is not right.

Any ideas on what is causing this issue?