my xj6

fz6rwolf

Nice pics, the half fairing starting to grow on me a bit.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Ender

Too bad we cannot get this bike in the US. I'd get it right away. When will Yamaha bring it over :confused: ?

I'm new here, and waiting to get the FZ6R instead.

pyrocpu

Too bad we cannot get this bike in the US. I'd get it right away. When will Yamaha bring it over :confused: ?

Convert it! Sell your plastics; I'm sure you could make a fair penny on that.

Detrich

love the "naked" look... the other bike that i really liked was the ducatti monster. but, it's too big, too powerful, and handlebars too low for a newbie like me... lol i wonder how the fz6r looks naked. but, it looks pretty sexy with the fairings too. so, i'm a happy camper either way. :)

pilninggas

weird isn't it? in europe we get the xj6n (mine) with no fairing and the xj6s with half fairing and you guys over the pond get the full faired fz6r. I think that the fz6r would sell well over here.

i bought the unfaired bike as it was very, very cheap. I'll use it to tour so as long as i can use motorways, autoroutes and autobahns at 80mph im happy.

+still got an fzr1000 for lunacy if i can be bothered (i must be getting old!!!)

Ender

Yeah, I saw the xj6 in Europe and would be the ideal bike for around town/neighbourhood. I'm not looking for a sport(y) bike. Ducati Monster is too expensive for what it is. But since I want a Yamaha I'll settle for the faired version then!

Maybe I'll look for spare xj6 parts, lights, etc when I'm over in Europe next. What about Canada, do they get the xj6?

Heineken

Elite Member

flyingminno

Well in Europe, you do have the XJ6 Diversion F, which is basically our FZ6R, but with a single piece seat and a center stand. Other than black forks, different decals and other regulations, it is just about the same bike.

Heineken

Elite Member

flyingminno

I see, so there is a option to buy a Yamaha Center Stand for our bike :). And I think like the two piece seat better.
Yeah I hope there is, I would prefer to have one instead of stands. I personally like the look of our two piece, but the one piece seems more practical and comfortable.

PVD_FZ6R

Looks like the UK will have a full fairing version for 2010. Pic shows single seat and what looks like a center stand (blue bike pic has better angle). Soooo Yamaha has some 'splainin' to do to the US market. Why no ABS option in the US market and why isn't the center stand standard??? I think many of us thought the reason for no factory center stand was because of fairing interference. Hmmm...

JonKerr

Elite Member