My wife's '09 fz6r

Egman702

Finally got around to doing some things on my wife's bike today. It's an '09 white pearl with 5500 miles on it. It came with a lowering link on it but I removed it and lowered the front 1.8". Also has 2bros full exhaust.

So today I deleted the mirrors. Installed flush mount signals in the front and deleted rear fender and added small clear led turn signals.

I think it looks far better than it did. Way more aggressive.

Up next will be some clip ons and change the front fork fluid to 15w.

All in all a fun bike. And great gas mileage compared to my cbr.

Lmk what you guys think of her.

Attachments

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Egman702

I would be weary of not having any rearview mirrors...they saved my a$$ twice at stop lights from almost getting rear ended.
Yeah it's only temporary. I just HAD to get those grasshopper antenna looking things off there lol. I'm still not sure what to go with yet.

Bert-Aus

Sounds more like your mod toy than your wife's bike:p

Looking good though:thumbup:

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Egman702

Also, what do you think of powder coating front wheel pinkish purple to match the graphics and the rear wheel white? ;)

latony007

watch out with the mirrors, especially if your wife is riding it. i tried 2 different pairs and both looked great but both had substantially less field of vision than the stocks. One i could hardly see anything (ebay signal mirrors) the other (GSXR) were a little better if my arm wasnt in the way and blocking it. Since i have to hold on to the bars, at least some of the time, that wasnt a good option either but i guess it depends how you sit and what kind of bars and if they have risers etc.

SixRFixR

It came with a lowering link on it but I removed it and lowered the front 1.8". .
It had a lowering link, so the front should have been lowered, too. You removed the lowering links, but lowered the front even further. That's a big difference. Is it stable?

Egman702

It had a lowering link, so the front should have been lowered, too. You removed the lowering links, but lowered the front even further. That's a big difference. Is it stable?
That's what made it goofy. The rear was lowered but not the front plus it has bar risers. So I unlowered the rear and lowered the front and it feels so much better.

Anyone have luck with bar end mirrors?

Egman702

Also if anyone needs a lowering link they can have hers for $50 shipped! ;)

FJRGuy

That's a beautiful looking hot chick bike! Almost went that route in 2011 when buying a bike for the GF, but the dealer that still had the '09 wanted more than I could get the '11 for. :eek:

Hope she enjoys it!

EvilSniperXV

I'm new here, but I am considering lowering my FZ6R once I get it (cause I'm super short)... Since you lowered it roughly 2 inches (I believe you said), was it quite difficult? Would you recommend me paying a shop to do it, or is it easy to do yourself? I can't seem to find any good vids online as tutorials. Thanks!