My take on kryptonbulbs.com H4 Bi-Xenon HID kit

72racer

Elite Member

joloy133

You have a link for those?
Ebay has sources for these, as well as regular vendors. Here are bulb types, please go to powersports section for H4 anti-vibration bulbs:

PIAA There's an application chart also, I think our bikes use the 3 prong H4 type.

Last edited:

Halon

i'd be curious to see the cutoff pattern. I know that on cars the headlight assembly is designed as a unit and works in symphony - bulb, reflectors, shaped glass with etched diffuser lines, etc. I haven't inspected our headlight much, but it isn't a xenon headlight from the factory which would mean it isn't designed to emit light in a proper pattern when using a xenon bulb.

Anyone done this with a projector housing retrofit?

i'm not knocking it - i'd honestly like to switch to xenons myself. I feel like it improves my visibility to other drivers, but i also don't want to have a crazy scatter pattern on my bike. if some oncoming driver can't see because i'm blasting his retinas out I don't want to get creamed. :/

flyingminno

i'd be curious to see the cutoff pattern. I know that on cars the headlight assembly is designed as a unit and works in symphony - bulb, reflectors, shaped glass with etched diffuser lines, etc. I haven't inspected our headlight much, but it isn't a xenon headlight from the factory which would mean it isn't designed to emit light in a proper pattern when using a xenon bulb.

Anyone done this with a projector housing retrofit?

i'm not knocking it - i'd honestly like to switch to xenons myself. I feel like it improves my visibility to other drivers, but i also don't want to have a crazy scatter pattern on my bike. if some oncoming driver can't see because i'm blasting his retinas out I don't want to get creamed. :/
Its a fairly noticeable line, where the light ends. However, its not bad, with small adjustments it is not disturbing to other drivers, but still very bright. I recommend this mod to anyone looking for more light output and greater visibility during the day. If anyone wants to see the line casted by the headlight, I can post some video of it, 6000k installed on my bike.

72racer

Elite Member

MikeN02

Last edited:

NeoTericJM

NEO did you get the 1bulb setup or the 2 bulb i thougt the 09 fz6r had one bulb. how would that work(anyone?)
I got the single bulb installation. It is really nice and works really well. Pretty much from what it looks like is it is one bulb the when you flick on the bright the bulb pushes forward about a little less than a fourth of an inch. From what I get from this and this allows more light to hit the reflector pushing more light. When it goes out you can see that everything high low and sides are all lit up a lot more.

And as for install pics I don't have them because I got super impatient and excited so I just installed it. I am thinking about taking it apart and redoing it so we will see.

Chas3r

It's confirmed that DDM tuning isn't selling HID kits anymore.
The HID kits for DDM Tuning are back, and it appears to be the cheaper option to Krypton Bulbs.

Chaphil3

HID's need Projectors IMO

Stuna says the blue bulbs aren't good. It may look like HIDs but you can't see anything.

Here's the 6k HID's with projectors on my R6. Compared to the stock light in the third eye which makes it look dull or the bulb is burning out.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/attachments/f6/20197d1289343909-hardest-longest-mod-ive-ever-done-img_0297.jpg

An idea of how the line cuts off:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/images/products/hid-projectors/RX330 Projector Output TSX-Rl.jpg
Hello Forum! This is my first post. I'm a new rider and I haven't gotten my bike just yet but I plan to do a retrofit more than likely. I think the projectors are a must have! Stock headlight housings are not made for HID light. There is usually horrible glare where there should be a cutoff line. I did a retrofit on my 98 camry with FX-R projectors from the retrofitsource.com and 6K D2S Bulbs. I attached a pic of the cutoff and light color (if I did it right) although the pic doesn't do the projectors justice. The FX-R's have crazy color in the cutoff. I had just the kit originally but I was worried about being in other people's eyes and would definitely not want to blind someone while on my bike.

Attachments

MikeN02

The HID kits for DDM Tuning are back, and it appears to be the cheaper option to Krypton Bulbs.
I would PM Krypton about it, he says he's the competition so I'm sure he'll price match or something.

I would say +1 on projecters. A lot of people just get the HID's with the stock reflectors because they want to blind other people so that they will notice them etc.

Projectors help you aim the bright lights etc.

Tmak73

If anyone could post a picture of how everything plugged in with the bike harness and the ballast it would be greatly appreciated. I have had minimal every other weekend and have yet ot get mine installed. I am still having some trouble with mine. Feelin' like a newb.

Tmak73

Okay so here are some picture's of what I was sent. I checked my order receipt and I ordered the H4 6000k Bi-xenon single bulb kit. Now from what I understand two of the female ends on the bikes harness are set up for one hi and one for low beam. The ground is negative so I got all that. But the bulb does not technically have a hi-beam it just moves when you switch onto hi-beam to force more light around the casing on the bulb that reflects it throughout the fixture. So I understand that. What I don't understand is why my adapter is a 2-prong and even if I could connect it to my bike's OEM harness how the high beam would work if one of the female ends is supposed to act as the high beam. So I may have forgotten more questions of mine but this is a pretty good place to start for me lol. Hopefully I can get some insight. And MikeN02 I hope this makes sense to you, just waiting for these files to upload.. Thanks guys!

Attachments

MikeN02

Okay so here are some picture's of what I was sent. I checked my order receipt and I ordered the H4 6000k Bi-xenon single bulb kit. Now from what I understand two of the female ends on the bikes harness are set up for one hi and one for low beam. The ground is negative so I got all that. But the bulb does not technically have a hi-beam it just moves when you switch onto hi-beam to force more light around the casing on the bulb that reflects it throughout the fixture. So I understand that. What I don't understand is why my adapter is a 2-prong and even if I could connect it to my bike's OEM harness how the high beam would work if one of the female ends is supposed to act as the high beam. So I may have forgotten more questions of mine but this is a pretty good place to start for me lol. Hopefully I can get some insight. And MikeN02 I hope this makes sense to you, just waiting for these files to upload.. Thanks guys!
Just got off of work. I'm going to the garage soon to take my bike apart but I have the HID kit there. Will upload the wires/what the connections should look like for you when I get there.

iSpoolin

Just ordered my 5000k HID kit last night from there! :)

Tmak73

Shit Mike, I might have to just have to pay you for your kit if its not in your 6r anymore haha

MikeN02

Shit Mike, I might have to just have to pay you for your kit if its not in your 6r anymore haha
Alright I got some pictures for you. My kit was from DDM Tuning and some of the plastic shavings are breaking off because of the heat of the bike.

First picture is the bulb itself, it has 3 wires on it.

Second picture is the ballast, I believe it's the "second one" but I'm not sure, I used it in this case.

Third picture is the connector going into the ballast, the small connector going to the bulb.

Fourth picture is the three pronged plug that you plug into the bike's OEM harness, usually the bulb has the prong on the end but the HID's don't so this is where it plugs into.

Fifth Picture is the main ballast which has all the wires to it (such as the three pronged connector).

Sixth Picture is the positive and negative wires from the main ballast (pic 5).

MikeN02

This post is for everything connected.

First pic is the bulb connected to the "second ballast"

Second pic is the same.

Third is everything connected, just need to hook up that three pronged plug, and positive and negative wires.

Tmak73

See my plug into the harness is that 2 prong. i think I have the wrong part is all. Hopefully Krypton e-mails me back I sent a similar message to him so I hope that is all I have to change. Thanks for taking the time and doing that for me Mike it is greatly appreciated!

MikeN02

See my plug into the harness is that 2 prong. i think I have the wrong part is all. Hopefully Krypton e-mails me back I sent a similar message to him so I hope that is all I have to change. Thanks for taking the time and doing that for me Mike it is greatly appreciated!
From the pictures you posted it doesn't look like you have the main ballast with the Postive negative to the batteries and the main power