My speedometer rattles! Help!

andyfz6r

My 2009 FZ6R has under 5,000 miles and just recently the speedometer started to rattle when riding. Anyone know how to fit this besides sticking some foam underneath it. The foam looks sloppy.

Thanks Community! :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bozman

Mine does the same at 4200 RPM's. It's within the trim pieces under and around it, not the speedo itself. I have yet to fix mine. Although, I have a few ideas the next time I get the chance.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

porky45

I used double sided tape a few years ago and it's worked fine ever since. If you do it right you can't even notice it.

andyfz6r

It is just the speedometer that rattles, not the digital display. I like the duck-tape flow chart but don't think that will work for the problem haha. I will try to look for a part missing or loose connection. If I cant get an easy fix I will probably just stick with stuffing a little black foam underneath the speedometer.

Any other ideas?

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Bozman

Like I said, it's not the speedo. You can put a finger on it while riding at it's still there. The trim right below it is where you can put pressure on to fix it. More than likely it's the joining point between that piece and the two (left and right) upper black panels on the inside of the fairings. They clip together kinda funny and they always seem to be not very secure.