My random thoughts.

Mr Citrus

I will be posting random thoughts I have from day to day. Please laugh at me whenever possible.
(I've often had witty comments and stories I wanted to post, but didn't want to derail threads and spam. This is the place to do so.)
Post your own!
Jogging down the street, I saw a man walking who looked just like THE most interesting man in the world. I swiftly slowed to a walk and fell in line behind him to try and coax him into a picture, to no avail. Mr interesting, I salute you.:thumbup:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Mr Citrus

I hope you fellows won't hate me after listening to this.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9d4ESlpHY&feature=related]YouTube - ‪My Pal Foot Foot - The Shaggs‬‏[/ame]

Rookasaki

lol how about this one!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sUUZkCWRHo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sUUZkCWRHo[/ame]

Last edited:

ChUcK

Here's 2 random thoughts I had today:

I wish George Carlin could have been President of the US. Hell, King of the World. There would be some serious changes around here, that's for sure.

On the job hunt: I must be a huge dick, because I sure am getting jerked around a lot lately.

bakkenlab

crazy to think whats out there when there are more stars and planets in the universe than grands of sand on our planet.

what the singularity will be like (when humans and machines become one)
watch "the transcendent man" on netflix for your mind to be blown!!!

dndfindley

Here's 2 random thoughts I had today:

I wish George Carlin could have been President of the US. Hell, King of the World. There would be some serious changes around here, that's for sure.

On the job hunt: I must be a huge dick, because I sure am getting jerked around a lot lately.
Never cared for Carlin. He for sure would not have been a good president IMO. As for stand up comedians Steven Wright is the best. David

CrazyCawi

cartwheels?.....

CrazyCawi

reeses oreo blizzard from dq...nom nom nom

Chucker

Why do we call it "corn on the cob"? Isn't it just "corn"? It makes no sense that we add "on the cob", because that's the way it comes. Corn that comes loose in a bag or can should be called "corn off the cob".

It's like you'd call me "Mike with arms", but if I had my arms cut off, you'd call me "Mike".

ChUcK

Why do we call it "corn on the cob"? Isn't it just "corn"? It makes no sense that we add "on the cob", because that's the way it comes. Corn that comes loose in a bag or can should be called "corn off the cob".

It's like you'd call me "Mike with arms", but if I had my arms cut off, you'd call me "Mike".
:D

I think the technical term for "corn off the cob" is Cut Corn. The massive convenience of cut corn led to its ubiquity, so it replaced Corn On The Cob in the starting lineup and earned the title of, simply, Corn.

I might be wrong, though. I didn't research it, therefore it's my Random Thought.

-ChUcK With Arms

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Chucker

:D

I think the technical term for "corn off the cob" is Cut Corn. The massive convenience of cut corn led to its ubiquity, so it replaced Corn On The Cob in the starting lineup and earned the title of, simply, Corn.

I might be wrong, though. I didn't research it, therefore it's my Random Thought.

-ChUcK With Arms
I see your point. It causes me to think that we may have to start a movement to have sliced bread referred to as "bread", and unsliced bread to be referred to as "bread in an unsliced loaf".

ChUcK

I like to give my meals more flair...corn on the cob is just too pedestrian. So instead, I often serve "COB. Starring award nominee Corn. A MadMike production."

"Hi, my name is Corn McClure. You may remember me from such educational films as Cobs For Justice and What's That In My Stool?"