MY left side mirror jot jacked.....

killabee

I know for a fact that I came home last night and had 2 side mirrors. This morning as I'm about to head to work I notice my left side mirror got jacked. I live in a apartment complex. My bike was parked under a covered parking space and my SUV was in front. I'm soo pissed about what happened. Now I have to buy new side mirrors.

The base of the side mirror is gone. Do I need that base part to install new side mirrors?

What do you guys recommend that I get?

Attachments

RACreative

Ive got a stock set of Mirrors

If you need.... I have my stock set. Basically new.. bought low profile with integrated blinkers... so my stock ones are just sitting on the work bench. Let me know if you want them. Cut you a good deal.. Just pay for shipping and they are yours.

kevin8198

Elite Member

killabee

Man that SUCKS!! Looks like they just ripped it right off the bike, did it dent your plastic? People are such A**holes!!:mad:
Luckily the plastic is not dented. Just the mirror and base part is gone.

killabee

Do you guys know if I need the rubber part to put on different mirrors?

kevin8198

Elite Member

kevin8198

Elite Member

killabee

Yeah with the screws still in there and the black mark on the plastic from the corner of the base it just looks like someone grabbed a hold and just torqued it off of there. I have my old mirrors too so maybe you can just find the person closest to you to send one to avoid shipping costs, lol. Or just get some cooler mirrors. I put bar end mirrors on mine and just love how there are no rabbit ears sticking up anymore. Makes the bike look way better IMHO:cool:
how is the visibility on the bar end mirrors? I use my mirrors a lot and I had no issues with the stock ones.

kevin8198

Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

ctgottapee

sux it happened

but you are lucky it broke off clean like that; actually i can't believe those two bolts gave way before the plastic underneath did. hopefully there is enough left to get them out easy.

must have been a drunken smash with a baseball bat
anyone who would have tried to steal it and known what they are would realize that method wouldn't work as you break the screws needed to make them worthwhile