So there I was motoing along,
slipping away from shitty Adelaidean drivers
...approaching my left turn,

miss Audi in front of me goes part way around the corner,
I notice a cyclist approach the crosswalk from the footpath
miss Audi panics and stops on the spot:eek:
I grab too much front and down she goes, out from underneath m.f.er

Get up from my knee no major scrapes just torn pant knee great!:(
I look over and my rocket is laying on her side gettin angry, so kill switch and clean'n'jerk her upright again.
Push her sobbing ass around corner and up onto the footpath to see scratches all across the left side fairings, lil on tank & rear side pod.:mad:

Miss Audi was nice enough to come back and check on me, I was angry at myself and did my best not to unleash it on her.:cool:

I am all good but then I notice left mirror arm is snapped at the base, handle bar is out whack on the left side, bar end notched and clutch lever knocked around and seat has popped out of place. Thankfully no engine case damage nor much else.

So I got myself together, packed my backpack with mirror parts, reset my seat and continue on my way.

Following this mornings appointments motoed to dealer for rough qoute
:eek::eek:Rough price on replacement panels may add up to $3k:eek::eek:

Well insurance may well be recieving a call tomorrow

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Alex6

Glad you're OK, bike parts are replaced pain-free, just some $$.

Not to hijack the thread,
Emergency breaking - how to practice this without crossing the line?
I had a few close calls where I think I was just lucky to be able to stay up after fishtaling and locking the wheels.

DragonBlu

Glad to hear you are ok. Sorry about the bike. I dumped my first bike in the first hour I owned it. I landed with my left leg under and the exhaust burning the heck out of my leg. You never forget your first time!:D Good luck with the repairs.

DragonBlu

Glad you're OK, bike parts are replaced pain-free, just some $$.

Not to hijack the thread,
Emergency breaking - how to practice this without crossing the line?
I had a few close calls where I think I was just lucky to be able to stay up after fishtaling and locking the wheels.
It's just a matter of practice,practice,practice, and experience. It will come natural when you have more experience. You will feel just how much front brake to blend with rear brake to stop quick and not lock up. The best thing is to look ahead an anticipate problems so you can leave yourself a cushion to react and not have to panic stop. Good luck and ride safe!

JSP

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear! Glad you are alright.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Glad you're not injured. The bike can be fixed.

Some words from and aged rider...? Don't follow so close, stay to one side or the other of a car's bumper to give yourself an escape route and always scan ahead as far as you can see for dangers. Any of these three would have kept the bike upright. As already stated, practice, practice, practice....

I don't know if you've taken a MSF course but even at my age, I like to take the BRC course every few years to remind myself and kick developed bad habits. It can only help!

Now that she's scratched, go hit a big empty lot and start practicing emergency stops and evasive maneuvers. ;)

Ride safe and thank the bike Gods that you're here to type to us all about it. ;)

10/22 DUDE

You said you hit your kill switch, I thought our bikes where supposed to shut off when they fall over. I dropped my bike once (in my garage:eek:), and it didn’t shut off . I had to reach down and hit the kill switch before picking it back up. Am I wrong about the bike shutting down or is it only in bigger wrecks? Very happy to hear your ok, you defiantly gave me something to think about and to be ready for when someone stops in front of me

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
You said you hit your kill switch, I thought our bikes where supposed to shut off when they fall over. I dropped my bike once (in my garage:eek:), and it didn’t shut off . I had to reach down and hit the kill switch before picking it back up. Am I wrong about the bike shutting down or is it only in bigger wrecks? Very happy to hear your ok, you defiantly gave me something to think about and to be ready for when someone stops in front of me
You are correct. The Lean Angle Sensor is supposed to trip and turn off the fuel pump until the bike is upright then the key is turned off and back on. The sensor is not functioning (or not present) is the bike remains running after landing on it's side.

My FZ1 was down and shut off so I know this is how it works properly.

10/22 DUDE

You are correct. The Lean Angle Sensor is supposed to trip and turn off the fuel pump until the bike is upright then the key is turned off and back on. The sensor is not functioning (or not present) is the bike remains running after landing on it's side.

My FZ1 was down and shut off so I know this is how it works properly.
Weird! I bought my bike new so I know no one messed with anything, but it defiantly did not shut off. I got to it very quickly, the bike was on its side for just a few seconds. Maybe it just ddn't have time to shut off. I remember going to pick the bike up and stoped to hit the kill switch because I diden't want to lift it up with the back tire spinning. The oil light came on until I reset the key. At least I think it was the oil light :confused:

CrazyCawi

So there I was motoing along,
slipping away from shitty Adelaidean drivers
...approaching my left turn,

miss Audi in front of me goes part way around the corner,
I notice a cyclist approach the crosswalk from the footpath
miss Audi panics and stops on the spot:eek:
I grab too much front and down she goes, out from underneath m.f.er

Get up from my knee no major scrapes just torn pant knee great!:(
I look over and my rocket is laying on her side gettin angry, so kill switch and clean'n'jerk her upright again.
Push her sobbing ass around corner and up onto the footpath to see scratches all across the left side fairings, lil on tank & rear side pod.:mad:

Miss Audi was nice enough to come back and check on me, I was angry at myself and did my best not to unleash it on her.:cool:

I am all good but then I notice left mirror arm is snapped at the base, handle bar is out whack on the left side, bar end notched and clutch lever knocked around and seat has popped out of place. Thankfully no engine case damage nor much else.

So I got myself together, packed my backpack with mirror parts, reset my seat and continue on my way.

Following this mornings appointments motoed to dealer for rough qoute
:eek::eek:Rough price on replacement panels may add up to $3k:eek::eek:

Well insurance may well be recieving a call tomorrow
Im just glad your okay

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I actually like that look its like the xj6 but I think the xj6 does a better job lookin all nakie n whatnot

DavidB455

What about the XJ6-S? Semi-naked. I have one of them and I like the fact that you get some protection from the elements :)