My chicken scratches

Fizzi6ergal

Guys, I'm pretty stinkin proud of myself. After I got home from my ride home last night, I sat down and thought to myself, "I wonder how my tires are wearing." So I went out to check them and I noticed my chicken scratches are probably the lowest I've ever been on this bike.
The pics follow the bike (left pic is the left side of bike etc). I obviously feel a little more comfortable leaning to the left.

Attachments

Reactions: JT

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Fizzi6ergal

Its the new Michelin Pilot Power 3. FANTASTIC tire. Just sayin. I haven't tried the PR's, but I've heard great things about them.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

BKP

I'm with Dart...
Always figured the PPs were geared towards street/track mix, and the PRs were more of a sport street tire, perhaps not as grippy as PPs, but with significantly greater life. I've about 6200 miles on my PR2s... absolutely no visible wear. And, they're grippy as hell (the Suches Loop, here in Ga, is a great testing ground for them -- for my money every bit as challenging as the Dragon, and they stick the corners, and switchbacks incredibly well).

As for strippies, I have a habit of scraping my pegs, and may have about 1/2" of unscrubbed tread, if that. However, Kerr is right... that's mostly bad form on my part, and I need to tighten it up, hang a bit more... keep the pegs (and my boot sliders) off the pavement... not work on the strips so much as keeping the turn controlled and in that sweet spot, at speed.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Fizzi6ergal

I was getting some respectably small chicken strips when I went down (first turn, cold morning below freezing). Now my chicken strips are FAT. But hey, I don't worry so much about stuff like that. It's a STREET bike.

With that said, I wish I had the skills and balls to wear my tires like the OP :thumbup:
Oh hell ya! If you had backroads like I do on the way home, I'm sure you would probably do the same. It's hard NOT to hit those corners like I do. 25 mph corners that are back to back. These corners, you gotta be quick on hopping back and forth on the bike.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I have about 3/4" chicken stripes on my 6R's PR3s. Don't know if it's the profile, or the fact I don't ride it very hard. As for my Street Triple's 2CTs...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

That is one sexy *** picture and bike man! Love it. Beautiful machine.

mtheartist

Thanks. I've just about got her where I want her. My step son took this shot with his DSLR in HDR mode.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
That's one sick camera and that bike is so bad *$$ it's Nasty in a good way! To the OP, having those kinds of roads on your way home is enticing. Just be safe out there!

mtheartist

Its the new Michelin Pilot Power 3. FANTASTIC tire. Just sayin. I haven't tried the PR's, but I've heard great things about them.
Here's a pic of when I had my 6r, had the PR3's on for about 100 miles when I took this one. Definitely worth every penny I spent on them. You kinda get the best of both worlds with these. Too bad I didn't get to enjoy them. Had barely broken them in when I traded the bike for the ninja.

Attachments

Last edited: