My bike & me, AMA

cyberal

Given that this is my moto...

... here's what occupational therapy has consisted of ;)

Current mods and accessories:

Right view:

Left view:

Fender eliminator:

Tank grips, tank protector and fuel tank protector:

Running lights:

Carabiner and USB charger:

RAM Mount X-Grip

Screaming Banshee Horn:

Upcoming mods:
  • Bar ends
  • Brake/clutch levers
  • Bar grips
  • HID
  • New tires
  • Lower bars/frontend

And finally, a little this is how my latest psychological therapy went

California Superbike School 2-day camp @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Awesome!!!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

cyberal

Do you have the full banshee system? how do you like it?
No, I don't have the full system. I only bought the horn because I want my "friendly honks" to be loud and clear. I mounted it using the stock horn bracket but it took a bit of tweaking to get it into a position where it wouldn't hit the front fender when hitting a bump. Even right now, with a big bump, it will still touch. This is why one of the connectors in the bottom is a bit bent, as you can see in the pics.

In retrospect, I wished I had bought the split system.

Oh, and the pulsating light from the full system would have been nice too, but not really helpful for me. Most of my riding happens in the city and when I need to use the honk is because people are cutting me off when I'm in their blind spot. Pulsating lights would perhaps be useless in those circumstances.

Other than that, I like my honk although my gf disagrees. She says that me, being Mexican, should have gotten something more appropriate, like this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0pf_0cFbVo]La Cucaracha horn - YouTube[/ame]

Isn't she lovely? haha

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

cyberal

Looks like you put yours in the stock horn location. Did you remove your stock or where did you move it to?

I was thinking of putting the Banshee where you have it, but was concerned about possible water (rain) getting into the flute of the horn. Then mount the stock under the side cowling as I want the variable blast (for those accidental tweets when you are reaching for the turn signal). Unable to find anywhere else good for the banshee to be mounted though.
Yeah, I did remove the stock horn, but if I had kept it, I'd probably have done the same thing you're thinking of :)

As for rain/water, I personally haven't experienced any issues but then, I live in sunny California and in the odd chance that it's raining, I rather not ride. I do remember however, that the official website's gallery used to show example photos of bad installations (can't seem to find them anymore). A few of them were due to the horn being rotated in a way that water would enter the flute and stay in there. A few other examples of good mounting locations showed the horn exactly like I have it.