Mounting EZpass

firefighter57

Anyone have an EZpass mounted to their bike????

Where did you guys mount it? I was thinking inner faring but I want to make sure it is in a place that will trigger the EZpass.

lwclancers

Right in the center of my windshield...the bottom just touches my dash. After a day I got used to it.

Sparkxx1

I've taped it to my current windscreen, but I've been trying to pry the thing open so I can mount it in the space between the dash and the windscreen and leave it there permanently.

onegin

I thew mine in under the passanger seat at the top. Works like a charm, confirmed by checking the iPass log for my trips this weekend.

Also, iPass (not sure about EzPass) has what's called vToll... that's when they match up your bike based on your plates... it doesn't cost you anything extra, but they claim in you abuse it they will charge you a penalty. With vToll you don't even have to have the sensor thingie at all, so depending on how often you ride on the toll roads you may be ok.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

RandiZ

tank bag pocket

I tried a number of different things. Then finally got a tank bag (Joe Rocket Hammerhead) that has a special clear pocket for the EZ Pass. Works great.

Last edited:

Bloke

Then get a little one, quite a few tiny tank bags on the market. :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I think I may have found a spot...

Directly above the radiator.. There is a spot exactly the size of an EZ-Pass. I wedged it in there and it sits perfectly facing forward. I'm going to try going through a toll and seeing what happens.. I'm guessing if it's that low, it'd be hard to not read it?

MikeN02

I put mine in my trunk. Sometimes it goes off, sometimes it doesn't.

If it doesn't then the camera takes a picture of my plate and charges it to my account.

I got pulled over because the light didn't turn red and I told the cop the problem. He asked if I had my Epass on me and I showed it to him in my trunk, he let me off.

My friend and I had it on the windshield before and it still didn't go off, he had to manually take it out while he was riding and wave it in the air. I didn't want to go through all that trouble.

BluePill

My EP wouldn't always scan when it was in my pocket. It's on the windshield now, and no problems.

I just stuck my EZ-Pass directly above the radiator. It fits PERFECTLY in there, you don't even need adhesive.

Can't wait to try it out!

Well, I'm getting a 50/50 on whether or not the Toll will read it... I might just move it to the windshield or leave it in my upper front pocket in my jacket.

KeysRider3

I thew mine in under the passanger seat at the top. Works like a charm, confirmed by checking the iPass log for my trips this weekend.

Also, iPass (not sure about EzPass) has what's called vToll... that's when they match up your bike based on your plates... it doesn't cost you anything extra, but they claim in you abuse it they will charge you a penalty. With vToll you don't even have to have the sensor thingie at all, so depending on how often you ride on the toll roads you may be ok.
South Florida (SunPass) has the same set-up. The mini-pass requires auto glass to work, and the somewhat large portable units come with suction cups. I keep mine in my jacket pocket. If the overhead sensor fails to read then the transponder it will photo capture my plate number, match the plate to my transponder, and charge my account.