Motorcycle Ride/Camping

Skidro

We headed out of Chatsworth Ga Saturday morning, Rick on the Harley, Leamon on the FZ1 & me on the FZ6R. We headed north to the Cherohala Motorcycle Camp-Ground to check it out & shoot the bull with other bikers. We then rode the Cherohala Skyway & headed to Cherokee N.C.
Once we got to Cherokee we took a short break & hit the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is one of the best roads in the United States that a person could ever ride, full of twisties & beautiful views of endless mountains. After a full day of riding we found a river near Waynesville N.C. to set up camp, and after a few beverages & a small meal we turned in for the night.
Sunday was filled with more riding on the Parkway & a good ride home through the mountains of N.C. & north GA. Our total ride for the two days was 650 miles. We saw one bike wreck on the Parkway, but the guy was luckily ok but his bike wasn't. I should have gotten a ticket for running 80 in a 50, Mr. cop caught up to me as i slowed abruply & followed very close behind me for about 10 miles but for some reason never pulled me over.
We are planning to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway from one end to the other next year which is 500 miles.

Attachments

ry-mac75

Looks like fun! Please tell me you're removing those pink decals though... please?

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bigguybbr

Nice, I'm hoping to do some bike camping this summer. Have any good tips for packing all the camping gear?