Motorcycle Ergonomics Web App

creggur

A guy from one of the other bike forums I frequent built this little web app so you can check out how a bike would fit you. You can put in your height, inseam, etc and see how a bike will roughly fit you. You can even adjust the handlebar height and see the difference it makes.

For example Me at 6' with a 32" inseam:
Stock 6th Gen VFR = 26 degree torso lean
With Helis installed = 20 degree torso lean
Stock FZ6R = 17 degree torso lean

Check it out

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

A1A

I like that ergonomic application site, thanks for sharing.

Roaddawg

That's a fun little app. I was surprised to see that the ergos are better for me on the FZ6R than the FZ6 or FZ1 and about the same as the FJR. Just looking at the ergos on supersports gave me back pain sitting on the couch!! :D

creggur

Yeah, I checked the torso lean on a CBR1000RR - it's 36 degrees - and you feel every last degree of it when riding one. They are fun..I mean stupid fun..but I like to be able to ride for more than a half hour without pre-scheduling a trip to a chiropractor...

I'm a nice 4 degree lean on a Ducati Multistrada 1200.... Further proof that I NEED one of those bikes!

r0ar

I'm gonna bring this back from the dead because I think this could help a lot of our users in bike choices they might be getting with this HP Bug thats been going around...

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

b_who

Nice. Ima be at a 40 degre angle when i ever i can afford my r6 haha

Sent from my Droid

redprodigy35

^^
Same, when I can afford my 675R.

:surrender:

linkgt

6'0 33" inseam. Nice, foward lean would be 1 degree less on the Ninja 1000 than on fz6r! (12, 13 respectively) Knee angle would be 2 degrees less as well.

b_who

In case nobody noticed, if you select multiple bikes you can use the scroll button on your mouse and it will scroll through all your bike choices showing the differences. This app was well put together. Props to your friend

Spunky99

I'm at 47 degrees on the Honda/Yami/Triumph and 48 degrees on the Panigale and BMW....It's all about the same for me.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member