Motogp bikes > road bikes

Mitch21

I was thinking in about a year or so I might think about moving on to another bike and was wondering if seeing how the motogp bikes are now 1000cc, will the technical advances and developments make the way from racing into the production bikes such as the 1000, 600, etc super sports or even touring bikes. Have these developments made their way into the productions in the past and will that continue in the future particularly with the new capacity bikes through motogp & moto2. Just a thought on whether I should wait a little while longer; maybe 2yrs and see what the major manufacturers come up with in their new models in the future.

I love my bike and plan on keeping it for at least another year or so as a commuter and a bit of fun on the weekends through the hills and on relaxed beach cruisers with the bike being so diverse, just starting to have a wondering eye with not wanting to spend too much money modding the fz6r when there are more options out there.

Decisions, decisions :don'tknow:

Doncan

Well, right now basically all major motorcycle companies are incorporating technology derived from racing on their bikes. Things like ABS, traction control, wheelie control, electronic suspension... Also more efficient and powerful engines

Spunky99

Well, right now basically all major motorcycle companies are incorporating technology derived from racing on their bikes. Things like ABS, traction control, wheelie control, electronic suspension... Also more efficient and powerful engines
Look around at the different manufacturers. They are not all equal.
Here are some of the current 2012 MotoGP enhancements that are on sport bikes.
Slipper clutch
ABS brakes
Rear traction control
Wheelie Control
Switchable power modes

Honda CBR1000RR
ABS
slipper clutch

Yamaha YZF R1
ABS brakes
slipper clutch
7 level rear traction control
3 level throttle response

BMW S1000
ABS brakes
slipper clutch
3 performance curves
4 level throttle response w/wheelie detection

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

bikes are way overpowered... who needs to go 186 on the street? you'll see more advances in the control of that power coming to us now...

Yamaha took a while to bring traction control to the street, but it's here now.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit that ABS will soon be mandatory and probably followed by some form of traction control...
They will force us to wear ball socks soon and when we go too fast or accelerate hard it will squeeze us until we stop.

Spunky99

Bert-Aus

Sorry you may have answered this elsewhere but...
Have you Derestricted your bike yet? (removed LAMS throttle body) Not having restriction is a huge difference in one step.

I have had similar thoughts of moving up to 750/800 or 1K, even took FZ1 for a test ride, whilst it was great for extra power; I found the posture of having my legs spread by the tank a bit unsettling esp. not being able to grip with my knees. I like to be able to unload weight upon my wrists with my knees around the tank.
Whilst the 1k guys smoke me in straights, going through the twisties up through the hills I can either keep up or sometimes corner harder being on something lighter to throw around (or maybe their being nice)

In saying that though the FZ8S does look pretty sweet!:D
According to the guys at Pitmans, next year the FZ1 will have the YZF-R1 motor in it!?!

I guess you need to feel it for yourself and weigh up what your preferences are for riding.:aus: