Motodynamics LED tailight USERS!!!!!

travisH3

Hey everyone,

Just an FYI for you all. i bought my Motodynamics sequential LED tail light over a year ago and love it. Very bright and makes me feel safer riding. but just recently noticed i had an issue. with the bike not running but key on the brake works fine. stop alert flashes 3 times then the brake light stays solid for the rest of the time. but i rode at night a few weeks ago and seen my tail light reflecting off a chrome grill of a truck behind me. the stop alert would flash, the light would stay solid and then flash randomly again even though i never let off the brake.

well i emailed motodynamics and they responded immediately and said that is caused due to a voltage drop issue while the bike is running. common on kawasaki, yamaha, and ducatis to have the issue. the newer tail lights come with a voltage stabilizer kit but for the older ones(like mine) doesnt have it. they sent me the kit to splice in to the tail light for FREE and very fast. the kit came with quick connects which make install fast but i decided to cut the wires and solder them in to make sure I didnt have any problems down the road.

Install: the kit has a black wire and a white wire. in the instructions it says the black goes to the ground and the white goes to the brake light signal(typically white). i tested the wires and the white wire was running light. red wire was the brake light. so black wire goes to black ground wire on the light. white wire goes to red wire on the led tail light but double check with a 12v multimeter to make sure your light is the same

Moral of the story is check your LED brake light with the engine running to make sure your lights are working properly.

Big thanks to Motodynamics for standing behind there product and provide and quick and easy fix for my light! :D

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

travisH3

I kind of like mine randomly flashing while I am leaning on the brakes...its another heads up for the fools behind me not paying attention (especially as bright as they are).
yeah it will definitely get you noticed. i want mine to flash but i dont want it irritating people if im sitting at a longer traffic light especially at night.

travisH3

Have you kept the stock indicators too?
no. the tail light has the integrated sequential turn signals. and then i have flush mounts up front in fairings and air dams.