Most Memorable Motorcycle experience

gdh8tsu

So work is soo killing me today and I am just bored to death want to stick an fork in my eye socket... anyhow I thought of a better idea been talking off and on about a post I put up in the Fallen riders forum about a friend that passed away and it got me thinking.

What got you into rideing and what was the most memorable riding experienc that you had so far. Here is mine:

My father used to ride his Honda Goldwing alot in Northern Idaho, even in the winter I believe or at least when it became clear enough to ride on.. I know I saw snow in a few pictures. At any rate he had cancer during this time. But I remember for one his last Hu RA rides he pulled me out of school in the middle of the day and told me that we where going on a bike ride, I was about 8 then. We rode from Kellogg Id. to Bellingham Wash in April/May of 1983. (he passed away in 1984).

But yeah that was probally one of my most memorable riding experiences to date..

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
This is a quick copy/paste from another thread I posted in.

First time I ever gave a bike throttle myself was a little mini bike. I was maybe 6 or 7 years old. One of those bare bones mini's... looked like this:

Ran it straight into a fence haha. The brake on the thing was literally a piece of metal that laid against the rear tire itself... I wasnt strong enough to put enough pressure on it to get it to actually stop. :D

What really got me addicted to riding though was the Honda Trail bikes.

Trail 90 and 110. That was from I think 10 years old and up. Loved taking those camping. They were little mules that were pretty fun! Rode them on the streets a bunch too. VERY small little town and no one cared to see a 10 year old cruisin on some little bike :cool:.

Miss these guys for sure! When I get some spare cash, I will for sure pick another one up if I can find one in good condition. They are well over $1k for good ones though.

(not my pic)

Most memorable motorcycle experience would have to be when I totaled the FZ and ended up in the hospital. Never gonna forget that one! My father ended up in the hospital the same time I was in there. He was seeing me for my crash when he started having heart failure stuff. So I believe it was a blessing in disguise that I crashed, because he is a stubborn man and would not have come into the hospital by himself. He passed out in my hospital room.

So that whole experience between me and him is the most memorable so far.

A close second if not a tie would be the fact that I am still able to ride with my Father AND Grandfather. Those are memorable rides for sure. 3 Generations is pretty cool. When we stop somewhere, people just know and come up to us and say "Son, Father, and Grandfather!?!?" haha.

Little video I made of one of our rides.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz7oPVdesFU"]Generations - Motorcycle Ride - GoPro HD - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

findmadhav

I can understand your feeling bro. Last ride with your dad for sure must be unforgettable.

Btw see the attached pics... The small moped was the one I ever rode 1st, followed by the Yamaha of a friend :)

Attachments

gdh8tsu

Nice, that Yamaha looks like a copperish color one that a friend of my brothers sent out. Ill have to try to get it posted later.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

add me to the father cancer list, lost him in 97. dad was into cars, older (11 years) brother got into bikes and bought/sold them while I was growing up. he'd have parts all over the garage and usually a handful of motox fixing. he'd ride wheelies up and down the street to test them, and also blow up some berms in a neighborhood field = I was hooked watching that and hearing those 2 strokes blast "on the pipe".

Most Memorable Motorcycle experience is far too many to list. the first was 1st bike - Honda CR80, first year they were water cooled (like it made a difference to me) and wow was any 80cc fast. nope they didn't think about putting me on a mini bike, it was kinda like a throw him (me) in a pool and make him swim sort of thing. I recall fondly grabbing a handful of throttle, holding on for dear life, and not being used to a clutch just held it open, and somehow managed to upshift without falling off. still amazed I didn't kill myself, although I fell off A LOT. weird didn't break any bones. slid across a dried water rock bed bouncing on some ribs, and then asked for a chest protector :surrender:

after many dirts, later kind bro was nice enough to get me (for a price) a used Nighthawk for 1st street bike before car. anyone remember the Ninja900 in top gun? he had one and I drooled over the lines of that for hours; couldn't wait to get into sportbikes!

now 25+ years later, each bike holds a special memory I'll never forget

Last edited: