mods to start soon...

first off i think im going to fab myself a custom fender eliminator, pull my fairring apart and put double sided foam tape where stuff rubs it has an annoying squeek/rattle between 2.5 and 3.5 grand on the tach, and my other question is can i remove the stock decaling on the fairing without it being noticable after, someone told me there might be clear coat over top and that underneath wont shine the same... that would blow. also i would like to tint or paint my windscreen but am not sure what kind of paint to use. im guessing the best approach is wash with alcohol wipes and paint the inside not the outside. but id like the yamaha emblem somewhere in the center in white and the background to be black. any tips or suggestions their would be appreciated.

pics of my mods to come.

CrazyCawi

I would say check out the search function. there have been so many topics about the different mods your planning. Many say not to tint but to paint. Personally I say buy a product that is shaded from the manufacturer's...if you paint it you lose visibility through it. Anywho, Like I said just do some searching in the mods forum.

Always remember, search is your best friend!

Looks like a great set of mods you plan to do! Best of luck

-Cautious_Corner

as soon as i figure out how to get my pics from my blackberry to my comp ill post pics...
edit-
taking off the windscreen

cleaning and prepping windscreen

have the windscreen all masked off

the first coat

removed the front decalling

pulling the ass end apart to make a custom fender eliminator

took the cowl apart and added lubrication and foam to the front area that that squeeks(apparently an infamous problem between 2.5-3.5k rpm)

measuring origional bracket, deciding whether to cut and bolt together and use that, or make something new all together...

calling it a night... squeek fixed, windscreen painted, just working on the ass end now. and i like the front alot better without the graphics.

Last edited:

Superzoom

calling it a night... squeek fixed, windscreen painted, just working on the ass end now. and i like the front alot better without the graphics.
Since Scraps seems to like it, I like it too!

Looks good so far. The only problem with seeing a bike like yours being worked on with the side fairings off is that I think the FZ6R would look good as a semi-naked.

Are you taking the rest of the decals off?

eventually yes i will be removing the rest of the decals, but right now i have the factory red seat which would look pretty stupid being the only red on the bike. im looking to trade it for a black seat or get it reupholstered black, then remove the rest of the stickers and future non performance mods i might put in blue lights in the fairring.

McJosh

the gold wheels look nice but they'd look better on my bike.lol Where'd you get them or how'd you paint them?

CrazyCawi

the gold wheels look nice but they'd look better on my bike.lol Where'd you get them or how'd you paint them?
They are factory on 2010 models

yeah their factory rims. i got an itch to ride and wanted to get my bike back together so post poned the FE, but did get my bike back together and heres what it looks like

i think it turned out pretty well.

Superzoom

I'm thinking if you got red grips and/or painted your forks red, it would look pretty cool. But it would probably be easier to get rid of the red seat.

iSpoolin

When you take the decals off the fairing just wash the spot,buff it, then hand wax it and it'll shine just like the rest of the fairing :)

When you take the decals off the fairing just wash the spot,buff it, then hand wax it and it'll shine just like the rest of the fairing :)
thanks for the tip. im trying to get away from red... red just isnt my colour. as much as my gf disagrees i think i want kind of a white black 2 tone look although she thinks itll look to plain. im also thinking of powder coating my rims black or trying to trade with someone.