mod questions new 2 forum

gabe718

hey guys i just got my 2012 fz6r(white) about a month ago, just learned how to ride on it, the bike has about 300 miles on it already, the night b4 i went to go buy the bike i went on youtube for like 3 hours looking at videos. i was in the market for a used super sport but didnt have the money to buy it on craigslist, my brother went with one of my friends and my bro got a 2011 ri, and my boy got an 2012 r6. i wanted a choper but all my friends have sports bike so didnt want to be the only one but didnt want to kill my self! i found reviews of the fz6r and from all the reviews on youtube they sold me! since i didnt know how to ride yet.

before i got the bike i know pepple were saying mods wore limited but i cant find anything!!!!!! i really want to hit that 450-550 miles to get an exhaust but cant find any sites for parts.... can i buy an exhaust from an xj6 and put it on? the bikes look the same!

CrazyCawi

no you cannot. If you go to motorcycle-superstore.com you will see a large listing for fz6r parts. All parts from 2009-2012 are all interchangeable. Some parts are interchangeable from XJ6 and the fz6r, but things like the windscreen are not.

Two bro's makes a full exhaust for our bike, m1 does as well if I remember correctly, along with Leo Vince Heinz. They are full exhaust systems. Slip on's do not work on our bike unless you make modification to the headers and convert the system to accomodate a slip on.

2009 Yamaha FZ6R Street Bike Parts - Motorcycle Superstore

cavcuz05

hey guys i just got my 2012 fz6r(white) about a month ago, just learned how to ride on it, the bike has about 300 miles on it already, the night b4 i went to go buy the bike i went on youtube for like 3 hours looking at videos. i was in the market for a used super sport but didnt have the money to buy it on craigslist, my brother went with one of my friends and my bro got a 2011 ri, and my boy got an 2012 r6. i wanted a choper but all my friends have sports bike so didnt want to be the only one but didnt want to kill my self! i found reviews of the fz6r and from all the reviews on youtube they sold me! since i didnt know how to ride yet.

before i got the bike i know pepple were saying mods wore limited but i cant find anything!!!!!! i really want to hit that 450-550 miles to get an exhaust but cant find any sites for parts.... can i buy an exhaust from an xj6 and put it on? the bikes look the same!

There are tons of parts out there esp on flea-bay there are also tons of how to's on here...Marthy also makes affordable exhausts.:deadhorse:

RooKie

For exhaust. I'm pretty sure all XJ6 models will fit our bike. Here's an Arrow exhaust for XJ6 on an FZ6r. It's as easy to install as a TB.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0s0uWVBwBs]fz6 rarrow exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

gabe718

no you cannot. If you go to motorcycle-superstore.com you will see a large listing for fz6r parts. All parts from 2009-2012 are all interchangeable. Some parts are interchangeable from XJ6 and the fz6r, but things like the windscreen are not.

Two bro's makes a full exhaust for our bike, m1 does as well if I remember correctly, along with Leo Vince Heinz. They are full exhaust systems. Slip on's do not work on our bike unless you make modification to the headers and convert the system to accomodate a slip on.

2009 Yamaha FZ6R Street Bike Parts - Motorcycle Superstore

ok thanks ill go on the website, i would love the two bros but i would love a slip even better $$$$

gabe718

There are tons of parts out there esp on flea-bay there are also tons of how to's on here...Marthy also makes affordable exhausts.:deadhorse:
ill check it out thanks, am part of like 3 car forums but i feel this forum is so dead like when i seach anything up its like 1 year old

CrazyCawi

Thanks whatever....what a super troller....

Last edited:

SpawnXX

Premium Member